Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 672
  1.    #241  
    Originally posted by sda
    I have uncovered a problem using the space bar to choose an alternate number to speed dial. For example, if I the person listed in speed dial as Name (H) and decide to call them at work by using the space bar, I can then choose Name (W) to dial. The screen shows and dials the correct number, but shows the wrong name..in this case it shows Name (H) while dialing Name (W).

    Also on the redial screen, the wrong info is shown for the number that is to be dialed.

    Can this be corrected?
    Sure.

    Just need some info (not having a treo 600 myself):
    Correct me if I am wrong -

    1. You have a name stored in favorites as "Shimon", the number you chose is "Home" (but it is stored as "Shimon" without the "H" !)

    2. You press SPACE, select the "Home" number, and it shows the name as "Shimon (H)" when dialing & redialing.

    3. If you press SPACE and select the "Work" number, it SHOULD display "Shimon (W)" when dialing and in redial, but it displays "Shimon (H)" ? With what number ?

    4. When you do this with the built-in Favorites app it shows like I described above ?

    5. What is displayed (and redialed) when tapping the button - in TAKEphONE and in the built-in app ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  2. sda
    sda is offline
    sda's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    #242  
    Answers:

    1. Correct
    2. Correct
    3. Correct. The name displayed is "Shimon (H)" though the number dialed is for "Shimon (W)".
    4. It works correctly with the built-in Favorites. The correct name and number are displayed when a number is chosen with the space bar.
    5. Going to redials shows the same error in both the built-in App and TAKEphONE.
  3. #243  
    I've reported this problem to CESD of PimLico DateBk5 and I've included the correspondence. Hopefully this can be fixed.

    Bold = v. Datebk5.1.a.si read me first indication.
    Blue = My report
    Green= CESD reply



    Datebk5.1.a.si Readme First indication:

    In the Address Record Details screen (when you tap on an item in split-screen), the letters 'd', 'n' and 'g' on the Treo keyboard will invoke the DIAL, NOTE and GOTO buttons as a shortcut and key-accessible feature). You can also press Option/Rocker Down to highlight buttons on the bottom row and use rocker left/right to select them and Rocker down to operate the buttons.


    My report:

    The letters 'n' and 'g' do indeed work, and so does the letter 'd,' though if you have TakephOne installed pressing the keyboard 'd' first takes you to the TakephOne Find dialog, then, after a split-second delay to the built-in dialer and the call is processed correctly. This occurs even if TakephOne is not mapped to the phone hard button and even if the phone "loop" option is not selected in TakephOne prefs.



    CESD reply:

    ...TAKEphOne issue. DateBK5 simply launches that application and what happens after that is just a TAKEphONE issue - I merely included the code that the developer of that application provided to me.
  4.    #244  
    Originally posted by sda
    Answers:

    1. Correct
    2. Correct
    3. Correct. The name displayed is "Shimon (H)" though the number dialed is for "Shimon (W)".
    4. It works correctly with the built-in Favorites. The correct name and number are displayed when a number is chosen with the space bar.
    5. Going to redials shows the same error in both the built-in App and TAKEphONE.
    What happends when you dial via the built-in favorites - not by pressing SPACE, but by tapping the entry button (or selecting it and pressing the 5-way nav) ?

    Does it dial and register as "Shimon (H)" ? or "Shimon" ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  5.    #245  
    Originally posted by elysian9

    ... though if you have TakephOne installed pressing the keyboard 'd' first takes you to the TakephOne Find dialog, then, after a split-second delay to the built-in dialer and the call is processed correctly. This occurs even if TakephOne is not mapped to the phone hard button and even if the phone "loop" option is not selected in TakephOne prefs.


    He is right.

    Is this a problem ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  6. sda
    sda is offline
    sda's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    #246  
    Originally posted by TAKEphONE


    What happends when you dial via the built-in favorites - not by pressing SPACE, but by tapping the entry button (or selecting it and pressing the 5-way nav) ?

    Does it dial and register as "Shimon (H)" ? or "Shimon" ?
    The built-in Favorites will dial whatever person is highlighted. The names and numbers always match. I navigate to the Favorite of choice, then press the center button to dial. If I want to dial an alternate number for that person, then I must press the space bar and use the 5-way to go up or down to the number of choice. Then I press the center button to dial. The name (W, H, M) and number always match.

    Let's assume I had "Shimon (H)" as my Favorite (setup via the built-in contacts application) with work and mobile numbers listed as "Shimon (W)", and "Shimon (M)". I could dial "Shimon (H)" by navigating to that Favorite and pressing the center button on the 5-way. To dial one of Shimon's other two numbers, instead of pressing the center button, I would press the space bar, scroll up or down using the 5-way to the number of choice, then press the center button to dial. The name and number always match correctly.

    Does this answer your question?
  7. #247  
    Originally posted by TAKEphONE



    He is right.

    Is this a problem ?
    "He" being CESD, I assume? The quote on your reply was from my report, just to clarify, becasue I was a bit confused. It was a description of what I consider strange behavior. Yes, I consider it a "problem." CESD simply passed the buck to you, because the TakephOne code is what makes the behavior occur, according to him. So, he's right, I guess, in the sense, that the problem is a TakephOne issue.

    Don' you think it's odd to launch a dial command from Datebk5 and have that command land you in the find dialogue of TakephOne and then a delay, and then launch the native dialer? (I don't mean that as a wisecrack, it's just a blunt question.) I, for one, do not think that should happen. I've asked CESD if he would consider removing the TP code, for I cannot see why it is necessary, or at least provide a user-defined option check box in Datebk5 Prefs to have it on or off. I haven't heard back yet.

    But why would anyone prefer to have a dial command in a 3rd-party Calendar app launch the find dialogue in another 3rd-party app. It's illogical and annoying. The command doesn't ask for a search, it merely asks the native dialer to make the call.

    Are you implying that you are not interested in this issue? Or that it is impossible to correct?

    Please forgive me if my posts are irritating. I do not mean them to be. I'm only trying to help refine an already great application.

    Many thanks.
  8.    #248  
    Originally posted by elysian9


    "He" being CESD, I assume? The quote on your reply was from my report, just to clarify, becasue I was a bit confused. It was a description of what I consider strange behavior. Yes, I consider it a "problem." CESD simply passed the buck to you, because the TakephOne code is what makes the behavior occur, according to him. So, he's right, I guess, in the sense, that the problem is a TakephOne issue.

    Don' you think it's odd to launch a dial command from Datebk5 and have that command land you in the find dialogue of TakephOne and then a delay, and then launch the native dialer? (I don't mean that as a wisecrack, it's just a blunt question.) I, for one, do not think that should happen. I've asked CESD if he would consider removing the TP code, for I cannot see why it is necessary, or at least provide a user-defined option check box in Datebk5 Prefs to have it on or off. I haven't heard back yet.

    But why would anyone prefer to have a dial command in a 3rd-party Calendar app launch the find dialogue in another 3rd-party app. It's illogical and annoying. The command doesn't ask for a search, it merely asks the native dialer to make the call.

    Are you implying that you are not interested in this issue? Or that it is impossible to correct?

    Please forgive me if my posts are irritating. I do not mean them to be. I'm only trying to help refine an already great application.

    Many thanks.
    I am sorry if that sounded like I am trying to "brush" you off.

    I did not.

    I will try to fix this - it is indeed a TAKEphONE issue.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  9. #249  
    Originally posted by TAKEphONE


    I am sorry if that sounded like I am trying to "brush" you off.

    I did not.

    I will try to fix this - it is indeed a TAKEphONE issue.
    Not to worry.

    Ironically, both you and CESD are truly unique in your profession, and the both of you provide a level of personal support to your customers that is absolutely mind-boggling in its responsivity and quality. You make most other developers of major Palm SW seem rather inept.

    Bravo!
  10.    #250  
    Originally posted by sda


    The built-in Favorites will dial whatever person is highlighted. The names and numbers always match. I navigate to the Favorite of choice, then press the center button to dial. If I want to dial an alternate number for that person, then I must press the space bar and use the 5-way to go up or down to the number of choice. Then I press the center button to dial. The name (W, H, M) and number always match.

    Let's assume I had "Shimon (H)" as my Favorite (setup via the built-in contacts application) with work and mobile numbers listed as "Shimon (W)", and "Shimon (M)". I could dial "Shimon (H)" by navigating to that Favorite and pressing the center button on the 5-way. To dial one of Shimon's other two numbers, instead of pressing the center button, I would press the space bar, scroll up or down using the 5-way to the number of choice, then press the center button to dial. The name and number always match correctly.

    Does this answer your question?
    Thanks - I do.

    One more question , though:
    What if I change the name of the record (edit it in the Favorites built-in application) from "Shimon (H)" to "Shimon" ?
    Does it still react to the SPACE ?
    How is it dialed now when using the SELECT 5-way ?
    And how is it dialed when using the SPACE ?

    Sorry to bother you will all these questions, but I do not have a treo 600, and the simulator does not emulate calls...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  11. sda
    sda is offline
    sda's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    #251  
    Originally posted by TAKEphONE


    Thanks - I do.

    One more question , though:
    What if I change the name of the record (edit it in the Favorites built-in application) from "Shimon (H)" to "Shimon" ?
    Does it still react to the SPACE ?
    How is it dialed now when using the SELECT 5-way ?
    And how is it dialed when using the SPACE ?

    Sorry to bother you will all these questions, but I do not have a treo 600, and the simulator does not emulate calls...
    If you have multiple numbers on a record (or even just one number), they are automatically assigned the letter W, H, M, depending on how you categorized them in the contact software. I could not enter you in the phone directory as "Shimon" because you must list the number according to type (Home, Work, Mobile, Other, etc.). For example, if you list a phone number as a work phone number, then the "W" automatically attaches to the name. The same is true for the numbers associated with (M)obile or (H)ome or (O)ther.
    Last edited by sda; 01/10/2004 at 12:40 PM.
  12.    #252  
    Originally posted by sda


    If you have multiple numbers on a record (or even just one number), they are automatically assigned the letter W, H, M, depending on how you categorized them in the contact software. I could not enter you in the phone directory as "Shimon" because you must list the number according to type (Home, Work, Mobile, Other, etc.). For example, if you list a phone number as a work phone number, then the "W" automatically attaches to the name. The same is true for the numbers associated with (M)obile or (H)ome or (O)ther.
    I know, but you can edit the name afterwards to delete the suffix...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  13. sda
    sda is offline
    sda's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    #253  
    Originally posted by TAKEphONE


    I know, but you can edit the name afterwards to delete the suffix...
    When I delete the suffix, I can still dial the number that was set up as a Favorite (using the center button). If I use the space bar, I still get the suffix for the other numbers to be dialed along with the correct phone number. In TAKEphONE, that Favorite no longer responds to the space bar.
  14.    #254  
    Hi,

    Please try the new build I posted (5.05m 99h) at www.shsh.com/beta

    This should fix both the "...(H)" issue, and the HotKeys
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  15. #255  
    I so appreciate the fixes, particularly the HotKeys Works perfectly for me!! You're a major reason for tuning into TC-- where would the site be without this never-ending thread?

    Your wonderful app is now even better. Thanks for being such a responsive (and brilliant) developer.
  16. #256  
    <deleted>
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
  17. sda
    sda is offline
    sda's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    #257  
    Originally posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

    Please try the new build I posted (5.05m 99h) at www.shsh.com/beta

    This should fix both the "...(H)" issue, and the HotKeys
    Thanks so much...you are awesome!! Not enough can be said about your diligence, patience, and expertise.
  18. #258  
    A magnificent set of fixes!

    Many, many thanks for your hard work and commitment. What more can I say?. Nearly everything is fixed! You are superb!


    Here are my findings:


    5WAY ROCKER


    Try this:

    'Details' button, select 'Add' button, then 'Dial/Create' dialog, then Rocker-right to open pop-up, select 'Add to book', select 'Create & Edit,' to detail dialog: this puts the highlight on the telephone number text field. Since you've already had the opportunity to edit the number in the previous dialog, it makes more sense to have the 'default highlight land on the last name field first or whatever name field is active.

    At this point, please let me know if the following actions are intended becasue I am confused by what happens.

    1. With the default highlight on the number field, a Rocker-center press dials the number. Since this is a Create & Edit detail, I do not think the number should dial from here, but should be editable.

    2. Again, with the default highlight on the number field, a Rocker-up press reveals the name text fields above, but nothing is highlighted, so you can't do anything yet.

    3. Once again, with the default highlight on the number field, Rocker-right then highlights the SMS button, and then 2 more Rocker-right presses highlights the Schedule button, then rocker-up moves the highlight into the number text field headers (Other, Mobile, Fax, etc.), where it is indeed possible to edit, but it is not possible to move the highlight into a name text field from this point and edit. It just won't go there. After a lot of Rockering around it is possible to get into a name text field, but it seems I got there by accident. It's just not clear how to do it.

    4. Once in an edit detail dialog, there are three buttons that are not supported at all by 5Way

    a: If you tap the text field header, the following dialog offers two buttons: 'OK' and 'Back.'
    b. If you tap the text field itself, the following dialog offers two other buttons: 'Back and 'Update.' The 'Update' button is in fact supported by a Rocker-center press, but it is the only one.



    SPACE BAR

    Space button still seems to be problematic. Here are two examples:

    1. In the built-in speed dial, I have a button for "Brian (pgr)." Space bar on this button and it immediately pops up without delay 4 other numbers for Brian. The same button in TP speed dial (in either list or button view) does nothing.

    2. For the contacts for which the space bar does indeed work in TP (and I cannot for the life of me figure out why some work and some do not), there is consistently a 2-3 second delay to get the pop-up.
  19.    #259  
    Originally posted by elysian9
    SPACE BAR

    Space button still seems to be problematic. Here are two examples:

    1. In the built-in speed dial, I have a button for "Brian (pgr)." Space bar on this button and it immediately pops up without delay 4 other numbers for Brian. The same button in TP speed dial (in either list or button view) does nothing.

    2. For the contacts for which the space bar does indeed work in TP (and I cannot for the life of me figure out why some work and some do not), there is consistently a 2-3 second delay to get the pop-up.
    Can you tell me (or email me) the phone numbers that are stored for that entry, both in the favorites and in contacts ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  20.    #260  
    Originally posted by elysian9
    A magnificent set of fixes!

    Many, many thanks for your hard work and commitment. What more can I say?. Nearly everything is fixed! You are superb!


    Here are my findings:


    5WAY ROCKER


    Try this:

    'Details' button, select 'Add' button, then 'Dial/Create' dialog, then Rocker-right to open pop-up, select 'Add to book', select 'Create & Edit,' to detail dialog: this puts the highlight on the telephone number text field. Since you've already had the opportunity to edit the number in the previous dialog, it makes more sense to have the 'default highlight land on the last name field first or whatever name field is active.

    At this point, please let me know if the following actions are intended becasue I am confused by what happens.

    1. With the default highlight on the number field, a Rocker-center press dials the number. Since this is a Create & Edit detail, I do not think the number should dial from here, but should be editable.

    2. Again, with the default highlight on the number field, a Rocker-up press reveals the name text fields above, but nothing is highlighted, so you can't do anything yet.

    3. Once again, with the default highlight on the number field, Rocker-right then highlights the SMS button, and then 2 more Rocker-right presses highlights the Schedule button, then rocker-up moves the highlight into the number text field headers (Other, Mobile, Fax, etc.), where it is indeed possible to edit, but it is not possible to move the highlight into a name text field from this point and edit. It just won't go there. After a lot of Rockering around it is possible to get into a name text field, but it seems I got there by accident. It's just not clear how to do it.

    4. Once in an edit detail dialog, there are three buttons that are not supported at all by 5Way

    a: If you tap the text field header, the following dialog offers two buttons: 'OK' and 'Back.'
    b. If you tap the text field itself, the following dialog offers two other buttons: 'Back and 'Update.' The 'Update' button is in fact supported by a Rocker-center press, but it is the only one.
    OK - here goes:

    1. I do not want the same looking screen to have two ways
    of functioning:
    - Dialing (press SELECT to dial), and
    - Editing (pres SELECT to edit)

    I think this may confuse people.
    So - the default form is as it is today. To edit a field -
    use the "5-way mode".

    2. The main use of the "Details" form is:
    - Dialing the different phone numbers of a record with as
    less presses as possible - this is why it opens at the
    PHONE fiels group, and why they are highlighted and you can
    scroll only the fields that HAVE phone numbers.
    - Second use - view the other fields, again - as less
    presses as possible, so - no scroll field by field, but
    group by group.

    3. To EDIT records using the 5-way - use the "5-way mode":
    - Start it by pressing RIGHT.
    - Now you can scroll up/down between the currently viewable
    fields and the bottom buttons row. You can NOT scroll to
    next/prev fields group.
    (You can consider this "5-way mode" as a "ZOOM group to edit")

    4. Regarding the "Tap to Edit" or "Tap to Zoom" dialogs -
    Up/Down is used here to scroll the text up/down, left/right -
    to move the cursor. So - no way to navigate to those two
    buttons...
    Most Palm dialogs have only a "Done" button and "Cancel",
    anyway...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com

Posting Permissions