1.    #221  
    Originally posted by neill
    When I press 'G' I get

Before: 67,67,800

When I press and hold 'G' I get

Before:67,67,800
    Before: 8,0,0
    Before: 36,0,0

Yes, I can see the letters assigned to the hotkeys.
    This is VERY strange.
    Can you repeat this with some other keys ?
    'a', 'b', ...
    (including those without the numbers on them)
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    for a

Before: 61,61,800

for a-HOLD

Before:8,0,0
    Before:26,0,0

for b

Before:62,62,800

for b-HOLD

Before: 23,0.0
    Shimon:

Sorry for the long post, but I've taken pains to detail and specify the issues at hand. Your comments are in bold:

Beta 99c

The latest Beta 99c is supposed to address the three button issue at the bottom of the History dialog, but only the "detail" button is supported by the 5Way. Neither the "find" or "call" button are supported. Right press gets you to the "detail" button and then it is frozen there, i.e., one cannot move the 5Way at all.

I have implemented my OWN way of handling 5-way navigation. Remember this s/w is meant for ALL devices with a 5-way navigator, including those that does NOT implement it the way the Treo 600 does.

Understood.

* In forms where there are 2-3 button only, I preffer using the left/select/right pressed as shortcuts to allow for even faster operation.

That’s fine, except there are examples of the < indicator on the “back” button or “cancel” button in which the button must be highlighted anyway to activate it (center press), so in these cases left presses do not work to activate the shortcuts despite the indication of <. Examples: History detail dialog (“Back”), Add New Record Detail (Cancel). In both these cases, the button has a <, but requires a highlight and a center press to select. The < thus acts only as an icon, and left presses to not go “Back” and do not “Cancel.” In short, the shortcuts do not work. (version 99c)

This will be noted by a "<" on a button shortcutted by the LEFT press, BOLD on one shortcutted by the middle SELECT button, and a ">" for RIGHT press.

See my comments just above. The same issue persists with bold and >. These buttons, e.g. “Create,” MUST be highlighted and then center pressed. The shortcuts do not work. Truthfully I prefer it this way, and as such you do not need the <, bold, or >.

* In other forms the 5-way is implemented as a "5-way mode", which is activated by a RIGHT or LEFT press.
    Once activated, it highlightes the buttons, and allows you to navigate through them using LEFT/RIGHT, and - if there are more than one row - UP/DOWN.

This works well in the History Detail dialog and the Add New Record Detail. It does not work at all in the Create and Edit detail dialog. As I previously indicated, these detail dialogs ignore 5Way completely, with the exception that the SMS button responds to a right press, but once the highlight is there it is frozen there (except after a time out). This is particularly frustrating as one simply cannot navigate to any other button, no shortcuts, and the text fields are not accessible without a screen tap. One should be able to select a text field using the 5Way in order to make text edits.

Pressing the middle SELECT button emulates a tap on the highlighted button.
    The mode persists as long as the buttons/controls are highlighted, and is terminated either as a result of pressing the middle SELECT button on a button which changes the screen (like a TAB moving to another screen), or by a no-activity timeout (i.e. if you do not press anything for while, the "5-way mode" is terminated, and the highlight goes away).

OK.

I know this is not intuitive to Treo 600 users, who are used to the way the OS handles that, but it is - in my opinion and expirience - a better way to handle multi-button screens.

Understood. Except that where the buttons do support the Treo’s 5Way, they do in fact behave intuitively and in the manner that the OS handles them, because the shortcuts are not working in this version, and, as I said, are not really necessary since you’ve got many of the buttons working in “Tree 600” manner anyway (no shortcuts).

Find Form: Would make it complete to make the drop down category menu 5Way accessible.

It SHOULD be accessible - if you press RIGHT to start the "5-way mode", then navigate RIGHT to the "ABC" button, then UP to the popup list.

In Prefs>Find, there is a switch for “up” button = changes categories. I missed that. Sorry about that. That works fine, though I do not see an “ABC” button. Is there a switch for that?

Details Form(s): Still no 5Way at all. Not in the Text Fields.

Text fields are NOT editable by default (like in the built-in address-book - initial view is for view, not edit.

Don’t mean to be rude here at all, but that doesn’t make any sense. Why then have a Create & Edit tab at all. Just have a Create tab. My point is that these fields ARE editable and if you tap on one of the text fields you get a text editor dialog that is lined and has 3 buttons at the bottom: Back, Update, and Keyboard. The update button is in bold. In this case a center press does indeed “Update,” but neither the “Back” (despite the <) or Keyboard buttons work (keyboard is not relevant on the Treo). Obviously your intention was to be able to edit these entries, and I agree with that intention, it’s just that it does not work yet.

Not in the button fileds at the bottom of the page (back, open, beam icon, schedule icon). Only the SMS icon button can be reached with the 5Way, and once you've landed on it the 5Way is frozen there. One is then required to tap the screen to get out of it.

Pressing RIGHT should highlight the SMS button, then pressing RIGHT/LEFT should navigate through the bottom row of buttons. Does it not ?!?!?

It does not work. Highlight is frozen there until a time out. (version 99c)

If you do not press anything for 1-2 seconds, the highlight will be off ("5-way mode" terminated).

Correct.

When searching (enter one letter and then using down key on the 5 way your cursor moves to the 5 tab selectors.

Can you supply more details - what exactly are you pressing ?

I think the user who posted this question needs to visit his Prefs>Find, because this works more or less correctly for me. A left press take you to the list of icons on the left, and a down press enters into the list of search results. This is good. Furthermore, in Prefs, if you select “down” button = open zoom the nav process works even better. Try it. The only “shortcoming” in the Find dialog is that once you’ve entered the left vertical icon list it is not possible to nav back to search results. I imagine once you’ve navigated over to the icon filed, it means you are done with your search results, so this behavior is logical.

How does one move to the list of names?

Not in "5-way mode", wait until it ends.

Works for me. Down press after search finishes and down press and your are there. Nothing to fix.

Once zoomed into a single persons entry - press the down key on the 5 way. your cursor highlights the SMS mesgage icon (3rd icon in the bottom row.)
    There is no way to get back up into the list of valid phone numbers or move to the other possible icons in the bottom row

This is strange - seems like there is a mixup between the LEFT/RIGHT and UP/DOWN buttons.

Yes, this is still a problem. It is NOT possible to right, left, up, or down to anything here. See my comments above.

Can you again details the presses you make ?

See my comments above. I hope this is helpful.
    Last edited by elysian9; 01/07/2004 at 02:57 PM.
  4.    #224  
    for a

for a-HOLD

for b

for b-HOLD

Hi,

Sorry to bother you, but this is probably why it's not working.
    I need you to send me the third line for EVERY letter (a-z)
    (I mean ignore the first line (62,62,800) and the second (8,0,0))

I need to remap those codes to the actual button pressed...

Strangely - the Treo simulator does not send those codes.
    Shimon Shnitzer
  5.    #225  
    I finally understood why it is not working at your device, and does work on mine - you have the "Hide on-screen keypad in FIND" options turned ON...

I had a bug dealing with that state & 5-way mode.

Fixed it, build 5.05m 99e is at www.shsh.com/beta

Regarding the other user with the HotKey problem:

is there anyone who had this HotKeys WORKING in TAKEphONE ?!?!?

You see - the treo 600 simulator (I dont have a real device) sends different codes, so I was mislead.

I will fix this.
    Shimon Shnitzer
  6.    #226  
    for a

for a-HOLD

for b

for b-HOLD

Wat do you see if you press the BackSpace button ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Well, that made a gigantic difference! Wow!

Haven't had too much time to check on things, but 99e seems to get the 5Way supported on all buttons. Great! I will look more carefully tonight.

1. I don't see "Hide on-screen keypad in FIND." In Prefs<Find, where is it?

2. Big request: In the Create & Edit dialog all buttons are 5Way now. But only for left and right presses. Up (and down) press should get to the text fields in order to edit. Cannot do this now. Once the highlight is in the button field it is stuck there until a time out. For example, the 5Way should be able to access the First name and Last name fields, and the phone number fields as wsell in order to edit them. Can't. Can you make it so?

3. Is pressing backspace on a speed dial (list view) or in history supposed to dial the number? I thought it was supposed to popup all numbers for that contact

I think all my other points have been addressed. Thank you for all that you've done. So rare to find a SW author as devoted as you. Many thanks!
  8.    #228  
    Originally posted by elysian9
    Well, that made a gigantic difference! Wow!

Haven't had too much time to check on things, but 99e seems to get the 5Way supported on all buttons. Great! I will look more carefully tonight.

1. I don't see "Hide on-screen keypad in FIND." In Prefs<Find, where is it?

2. Big request: In the Create & Edit dialog all buttons are 5Way now. But only for left and right presses. Up (and down) press should get to the text fields in order to edit. Cannot do this now. Once the highlight is in the button field it is stuck there until a time out. For example, the 5Way should be able to access the First name and Last name fields, and the phone number fields as wsell in order to edit them. Can't. Can you make it so?

3. Is pressing backspace on a speed dial (list view) or in history supposed to dial the number? I thought it was supposed to popup all numbers for that contact

I think all my other points have been addressed. Thank you for all that you've done. So rare to find a SW author as devoted as you. Many thanks!
    Thanks YOU for your help.

1. The option is in "Display & Formats" tab.

2.This is hard. I will think about it.

3. You mean SPACE, right ? It dials away if there is only one number. How does it work in the built-in favorites ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Originally posted by TAKEphONE

Thanks YOU for your help.
    You're Welcome!

I found it, but why would a Treo user want the onscreen keyboard turned on? And is it causing a bug to have it off?

I'm sending you lots of positive e-energy? Please, please,...

3. You mean SPACE, right ? It dials away if there is only one number. How does it work in the built-in favorites ?

Yes, I meant SPACE, sorry. SPACE on built-in speed dial pops up all numbers for that contact.

Here's what's happening with SPACE in TakePhone.

History: launches a search on that contact/number

Redial: nothing happens at all.

Speed dial: Complicated. Some entries dial (after a long delay). Others do nothing. And the my "voicemail" entry pops up a list of numbers for a contact that is unrelated to voicemail. And others work correctly, i.e., pops up the list, albeit after a small delay. Very strange, buggy. I checked them all against my built-in just to be sure that the bulit-in was poping up the list of numbers for each entry.
    ...so from reading some of the older posts, u state that u can't let the program automatically start after hanging up a call. Is this the final verdict? i.e. it can't be done and the program is as is regarding this feature? Please I need to know before giving you my $.
    Wat do you see if you press the BackSpace button ?
    Backspace
    Before: 8,8,800

Backspace+HOLD
    Before: 8,8,800
    Before: 8,8,840

If you still need it Shimon, I can get back to you later this evening with the alphabet.

Neill
    Last edited by neill; 01/07/2004 at 08:57 PM.
    The Zen Skin is looking NICE. Definately a step in the right direction! I hope you can free some time from helping all these people on here with little 'technical problems' and get back to the really important business of just making it look pretty and minimalist!!!! As I sit cross legged on my Persian Rug at dawn with my finger symbols in one hand and my gleaming Treo600 in the other I like the feeling of 'one-ness' which can be attained knowing that TakePhone has no unneccessary and extraneous visual clutter to the interface . . . . .a thing of beauty is being born . . . function and form tending towards an harmonic convergence!

Kind regards
    a: 26,0,0
    b: 23,0,0
    c: 38,0,0
    d: 34,0,0
    e: 31,0,0
    f: 35,0,0
    g: 36,0,0
    h: 24,0,0
    i: 40,0,0
    j: 21,0,0
    k: 3A,0,0
    l: 27,0,0
    m: 2C,0,0
    n: 3F,0,0
    o: 22,0,0
    p: 70,70,840
    q: 71,71,840
    r: 72,72,840
    s: 73,73,840
    t: 74,74,840
    u: 75,75,840
    v: 76,76,840
    w: 77,77,840
    x: 78,78,840
    y: 79,79,840
    z: 7A,7A,840
    I cannot seem to find this right now - is there a reason why SMS is not "found" by Takephone when I try to use it...I have Treo600 and use Treo600SMS...thks
    Charliec
  15.    #235  
    Originally posted by elysian9

You're Welcome!

I found it, but why would a Treo user want the onscreen keyboard turned on? And is it causing a bug to have it off?

I'm sending you lots of positive e-energy? Please, please,...

Yes, I meant SPACE, sorry. SPACE on built-in speed dial pops up all numbers for that contact.

Here's what's happening with SPACE in TakePhone.

History: launches a search on that contact/number

Redial: nothing happens at all.

Speed dial: Complicated. Some entries dial (after a long delay). Others do nothing. And the my "voicemail" entry pops up a list of numbers for a contact that is unrelated to voicemail. And others work correctly, i.e., pops up the list, albeit after a small delay. Very strange, buggy. I checked them all against my built-in just to be sure that the bulit-in was poping up the list of numbers for each entry.
    1. No - it does not cause a bug - it did - and now it's fixed.
    Why use the screen buttons ? - because they are bigger
    than the keyboard buttons.

2. I'll see what I can do.

3. Will fix.
    Shimon Shnitzer
  16.    #236  
    Originally posted by treosome
    ...so from reading some of the older posts, u state that u can't let the program automatically start after hanging up a call. Is this the final verdict? i.e. it can't be done and the program is as is regarding this feature? Please I need to know before giving you my $.
    Never a final verdict with s/w.
    But - it will have to wait until I can get my hands on a treo 600 device... (of course - updates are free)
    Shimon Shnitzer
  17.    #237  
    Originally posted by duckznutz
    The Zen Skin is looking NICE. Definately a step in the right direction! I hope you can free some time from helping all these people on here with little 'technical problems' and get back to the really important business of just making it look pretty and minimalist!!!! As I sit cross legged on my Persian Rug at dawn with my finger symbols in one hand and my gleaming Treo600 in the other I like the feeling of 'one-ness' which can be attained knowing that TakePhone has no unneccessary and extraneous visual clutter to the interface . . . . .a thing of beauty is being born . . . function and form tending towards an harmonic convergence!

Kind regards
    PEACE.....
    Shimon Shnitzer
  18.    #238  
    a: 26,0,0
    b: 23,0,0
    c: 38,0,0
    d: 34,0,0
    e: 31,0,0
    f: 35,0,0
    g: 36,0,0
    h: 24,0,0
    i: 40,0,0
    j: 21,0,0
    k: 3A,0,0
    l: 27,0,0
    m: 2C,0,0
    n: 3F,0,0
    o: 22,0,0
    p: 70,70,840
    q: 71,71,840
    r: 72,72,840
    s: 73,73,840
    t: 74,74,840
    u: 75,75,840
    v: 76,76,840
    w: 77,77,840
    x: 78,78,840
    y: 79,79,840
    z: 7A,7A,840
    THANKS !!!

I will get on it...
    Shimon Shnitzer
  19.    #239  
    Originally posted by charliec
    I cannot seem to find this right now - is there a reason why SMS is not "found" by Takephone when I try to use it...I have Treo600 and use Treo600SMS...thks
    I will check it out with PDAApps.

Correction: already checked with them in the past - Treo600SMS works through the built-in SMS app, so you need to select "SMS" from the list.
    Last edited by TAKEphONE; 01/08/2004 at 12:39 AM.
    Shimon Shnitzer
  20. sda
    I have uncovered a problem using the space bar to choose an alternate number to speed dial. For example, if I the person listed in speed dial as Name (H) and decide to call them at work by using the space bar, I can then choose Name (W) to dial. The screen shows and dials the correct number, but shows the wrong name..in this case it shows Name (H) while dialing Name (W).

Also on the redial screen, the wrong info is shown for the number that is to be dialed.

Can this be corrected?