1.    #1  
    Well I'm a pretty new owner of the Treo and so far I love having just one device instead of having a utility belt of gadgets and gizmos. This board has provided a wealth of information making the transition pretty painless and just wanted to give my thanks to everyone.

Now to the issue at hand ...

As of yesterday, Feb. 2, treo300sms doesn't seem to be working for me anymore. I couldn't send any messages cuz i kept getting the network unavailable error.

After reading some posts on here, I thought I'd give Sprint a call since most of the problems usually stem from their server. I had em reset my password and reprovision both my voice and data. So seemingly everything is hunky dorry on their end.

Then I uninstalled Treo300SMS, then reinstalled it again. But now each time I try to 'Authenticate' & verify the account info, I keep getting the "Could not validate the Sprint PCS phone number and password ..." message.

Has anyone been experiencing this as of late? I'd sure like to get SMS working again. Thanks in advance.

- Junius
    i experienced the same thing wheni changed my treo's phone number and tried to authenticate. the sprint account website was down at the time. as soon as it was up,I was able to authenticate with no problem
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Brooose
    i experienced the same thing wheni changed my treo's phone number and tried to authenticate. the sprint account website was down at the time. as soon as it was up,I was able to authenticate with no problem
    I suspected that may have been the case as well so I logged into SprintPCS' manage site and got in okay with no problems. Tried it a few times then tried authenticating again but still no luck. I'm stumped.
    i've had the same problem today. finally got it to authenticate though.

anyway, for some reason the sprint password is your account managment password, not your vision password.

i hope this helps. i've been feeling your pain since 1:00 am.
    1. Log on to your Sprint account at Sprint's website as you normally would.

2. Click on "My Profile."

3. Click on "Settings and Preferences."

4. Under "Passwords and Access," click on "Change PCS Vision Username and PCS Vision Password."

5. Set your password to whatever you like (you should probably make it the same as your logon password.

6. Sign on to Blazer on your phone and it should authenticate itself.

Good Luck!!