Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37
  1.    #1  
    what is a good alternative for TODAY? I don't feel that it works very well with treo since when you map it to address book it goes to phone book and the inbox that it checks is not the one I use.
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by mrgarza
    what is a good alternative for TODAY? I don't feel that it works very well with treo since when you map it to address book it goes to phone book and the inbox that it checks is not the one I use.
    I had the same problem as you did (I use Agendus instead of Datebook +) and for some reason I couldn't get it to point to Agendus (Agendus wasn't available in the selection list).
    I uninstalled Today and re-installed it and... voila!
    I now have the 'Calendar' option to point to Agendus.

    You're right: there is no way to have 'Inbox' to point to your favorite Email app (I use 2bMail). Therefore, I disabled the option!
    As simple as that!

    Let's remember that it's a freeware that works better than any other that I tried and that you must pay for!

    For those of you who don't know 'Today', the missing function that exists with Pocket PC but not with Palm, have a look at... http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...3&prodID=38922
    Remember: it's free of charge.
    You can't beat that!
  3. #3  
    Hi.

    Whats the difference between today and Wassup? For that matter, whats the difference between today, wassup and facer?
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by brion1234
    Hi.

    Whats the difference between today and Wassup? For that matter, whats the difference between today, wassup and facer?
    First difference, the price:
    Facer costs US$15.95, Wassup US$5.00 and Today US$0.00!

    Facer is a launcher with a Today page.
    I'm not interested because I'm using Launcher X and I'm very happy with it.

    Wassup is a very interesting app.
    It is exclusively a Today page that allows you to see and jump to pre-defined app in a keystroke (Datebook DateBk, ActionNames / Agendus, Mail, MultiMail, Eudora, Mail+, Treo Mail, Clie Mail and Iambic Mail).
    The problem is that if you are not using one of the pre-recognized apps, it is useless (as it is my case as my Email client is 2bMail - not in the list!).

    Today is more open, as far as the Agendas are concerned, as you can use any that is installed in your Treo.
    Unfortunately, you cannot do the same for Emails. I wonder why.
    But I have the feeling that it will come sooner than later, from the recent updates description...
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by dennis3232


    I had the same problem as you did (I use Agendus instead of Datebook +) and for some reason I couldn't get it to point to Agendus (Agendus wasn't available in the selection list).
    I uninstalled Today and re-installed it and... voila!
    I now have the 'Calendar' option to point to Agendus.
    dennis3232, I also use Agendus so I uninstalled and reinstalled Today but NO voila! What gives? (I use Treo 270)
    m00se
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by m00se


    dennis3232, I also use Agendus so I uninstalled and reinstalled Today but NO voila! What gives? (I use Treo 270)
    m00se
    OK...answering my own question: I got it! I forget that Agendus is actually ActionName...
    m00se
  7. #7  
    As a dedicated Agendus (and actionnames before it) user, I thought I would point out that one of the new view options for 1 day is a Today screen that shows all calander, to do, and messages for the day, and also displays the next time and date of scheduled alarms. It allowed me to pull Wassup off of my Treo90 for good!

    There is also a weekly view that is almost Identical for the next 7 day period.

    Check it out, it will save you $$ in the long run.
    "Whoever said bigger isn't better...Lied!"
  8. #8  
    probably not exactly what you're all looking for, but i use hot date in conjunction with Today and it works great!

    http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...02&prodID=3316
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by adfleisher
    As a dedicated Agendus (and actionnames before it) user, I thought I would point out that one of the new view options for 1 day is a Today screen that shows all calander, to do, and messages for the day, and also displays the next time and date of scheduled alarms. It allowed me to pull Wassup off of my Treo90 for good!

    There is also a weekly view that is almost Identical for the next 7 day period.

    Check it out, it will save you $$ in the long run.
    I upgraded to Agendus 6, and one of the reason was what they called the 'Today' screen.
    But I found their screen design highly confusing: you are never usewhich day you are looking at.
    I like the freeware 'Today' much better!

    answering my own question: I got it! I forget that Agendus is actually ActionName...
    I know... I don't know what Iambic didn't change the name of its file from ActName to Agendus. I had the same problem!
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by Hoser_back_home
    probably not exactly what you're all looking for, but i use hot date in conjunction with Today and it works great!

    http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...02&prodID=3316
    Aren't they basically the same thus I double on the same app idea?
    m00se
  11. #11  
    If Today is freeware as was sugested earlier in this thread could someone post a link to it? When I search PalmGear for it I only see a demo of a commercial version of a program called Today ......

    Here is the link I found:

    http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...504&prodID=428
  12. #12  
    Originally posted by fmastr
    If Today is freeware as was sugested earlier in this thread could someone post a link to it? When I search PalmGear for it I only see a demo of a commercial version of a program called Today ......
    Try this
    http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...3&prodID=38922
    m00se
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by Hoser_back_home
    probably not exactly what you're all looking for, but i use hot date in conjunction with Today and it works great!

    http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...02&prodID=3316
    Hoser_back_home
    Are they not the same? Why having both Today and HotDate?
    m00se
  14. jke
    jke is offline
    jke's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    #14  
    Check out
    http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...902&prodID=333
    It is been a live saver to me and super easy to set up-not fancy
  15. #15  
    Originally posted by jke
    Check out
    http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...902&prodID=333
    It is been a live saver to me and super easy to set up-not fancy
    It is a shareware ($11.95).
    Does the price difference ($11.95 vs. $0) can be justified by any feauture that Today does not provide?
  16. #16  
    Originally posted by dennis3232

    It is a shareware ($11.95).
    Does the price difference ($11.95 vs. $0) can be justified by any feauture that Today does not provide?
    I agree with you, dennis3232! Not to mention that the reviews are better for Today than TealGlance on the Palmgear site.
    m00se
  17. #17  
    Originally posted by m00se


    Aren't they basically the same thus I double on the same app idea?
    m00se
    i have Today start up whenever i turn on my visor and then i have a link to HotDate at the bottom to give me a whole week view of appointments and to-do's

    if today incorporated something that would let me have a quick look at the week ahead...without scrolling through each date individually, then you're right, i wouldn't need both!
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
  18. #18  
    Originally posted by Hoser_back_home


    i have Today start up whenever i turn on my visor and then i have a link to HotDate at the bottom to give me a whole week view of appointments and to-do's

    if today incorporated something that would let me have a quick look at the week ahead...without scrolling through each date individually, then you're right, i wouldn't need both!
    I have Today and Agendus (which replaces DateBook+ on my Treo and does give a whole week view). But I suppose that's a matter of choice.
    m00se
  19. #19  
    Originally posted by m00se


    I have Today and Agendus (which replaces DateBook+ on my Treo and does give a whole week view).
    Same here!
    Agendus provides me with the week view that Today (as its name says) doesn't give.
  20. #20  
    thanks for posting the links!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions