Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wassup:

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...m?prodID=42044

Wassup is pretty descent except it doesn't support the newer e-mail clients (Basejet, Snappermail, 2bA, etc.) and there is a bug where it doesn't support SMS on the Treo300.
    If you want a weekly view with a lot of functionality, our application, MyWeek, might be what you're looking for:

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...roductId=25123
    Originally posted by njsoftware
    If you want a weekly view with a lot of functionality, our application, MyWeek, might be what you're looking for:

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...roductId=25123
    For information, this view style is also available, in a way, in Agendus.
    But it seems to be of a great help when you use the built-in Date Book+!
    Last edited by dennis3232; 02/07/2003 at 11:53 AM.
    Originally posted by m00se

I agree with you, dennis3232! Not to mention that the reviews are better for Today than TealGlance on the Palmgear site.
    m00se
    I'm a registered owner of TealGlance - have been for probably 4 years.

After reading this thread, I installed Today and will be using that instead.

Basically the same functionality, but Today seems to be a cleaner display (and it's skinable! )
    Only in a Jeep.
    Only for information:
    A launcher, Facer (http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...5&prodID=43849) is the only app of its type (as far as I know) that comes with a Today page.

It does not specifically support the Treo.

I tried it for a week and wasn't impressed.
    I went back to my combination Launcher X / Today!

But try it and see by yourself!
    my problem with toady is that you can't launch apps that are on a CF card
    Originally posted by dennis3232
    Hot Date:
    http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...02&prodID=3316
    I moved Hot Date over to SDK 3.5 and am using my favorite multilink now, so now there's room for endless features

What features do people want? To be honest I don't use it that much any more, so I haven't touched it in years. But I may play around with colors or something simple.
    Thanks folks for the link to the freeware Today. It looks great, but I still like Whatzup 1.0. It lists what I want, was free, and only takes up 19k of memory. Unfortunately, It was bought by Dataviz and they now charge for the 2.0 version.
    Originally posted by potatoho

I moved Hot Date over to SDK 3.5 and am using my favorite multilink now, so now there's room for endless features

What features do people want? To be honest I don't use it that much any more, so I haven't touched it in years. But I may play around with colors or something simple.
    are you the actual creator of Hot Date?!?!?!

WOW! I seriously believe that if Hot Date and Today were to somehow meld into one, joining forces for good instead of evil, it would be one of only 2 or 3 apps on my edge!

don't bother wasting time with a launcher or stuff like that (that's what phlegm hack, etc. is good for)

i think the biggest improvement to Hot Date would be some sort of graphical representation of the coming week, or the next day or today (depending on what you've selected). I find that I sometimes scan down my list of appointments and overlook something, whereas a picture of the day (i know sounds dumb and i really don't know HOW you could have a picture of the day, but....) that i could look at would quickly show me when i have appointments and, hopefully , i wouldn't overlook an appointment!

Thanks for creating one of my 3 favourite applications...if you are the creator that is!
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    are you the actual creator of Hot Date?!?!?!
    Yes. It's pretty dated. Check out all of the contributors though, some have added code and ideas, translations etc. It's in 5 different languages!

i think the biggest improvement to Hot Date would be some sort of graphical representation of the coming week, or the next day or today (depending on what you've selected). I find that I sometimes scan down my list of appointments and overlook something, whereas a picture of the day (i know sounds dumb and i really don't know HOW you could have a picture of the day, but....) that i could look at would quickly show me when i have appointments and, hopefully , i wouldn't overlook an appointment!
    I have that problem a little too. That little blinky thing on the left was helpful to me. I added that because without it I could never visually find the closest appointment. Maybe that tick mark could be expanded into a rolling window, you know like on The Price Is Right. Dunno.

The funny thing is that I hardly use it any more. Used to be for my TV guide but the tivo takes care of that now. The only appt I had on it was for Apr 15 tax day. Almost missed it! But I got my extension in. That's pretty sad, that I wait until 4/15 8PM until I mail my *EXTENSION*.

So I'm looking for an idea I guess that'll make me want to use it some more.
    I just downloaded "Today" on my Treo 300 for a test run. I figured, "it's free why not". I loved the interface and I probably would have loved it more using a hi res device. I found it took a long time to load on my Treo. I don't know if I am running another program that conflicts with it, but when I click the icon the screen would go blank for awhile before displaying the main screen. I used it for only 15 minutes and in that time I got the "fatal error" screen 3 times forcing me to soft reset. It also did not recognize Eudora which is the email client I use.

After reviewing this thread, I decided to give Wassup a try. I have 14 days to try it out and the program itself is only $7. It is a lot more stable, loads faster and seems to have several more options. The interface isn't as nice as "Today", but it is skinnable so you can create your own skins.

With everything my Treo does I get bored with it after awhile. It's always good to find programs like Wassup that bring life back to it.
    I've been a registered user of Teal Glance for a few years. I used Today for a few weeks, but went back to TG because it gives me today's and tomorrow's appointments. It also has a clearer time and date display which I like because I don't wear a watch anymore.

I don't use any third party organizer apps, but TG has configurable options for appointments and todo lists.

I do miss Today's launcher buttons.
    potatoho:

I use hotdate, too, on startup. I've tried Today and Maximus, and some other free program, but I like hotdate. I'm a lawyer and I run my busy day with it. I've recommended it to a few other lawyers. Where do I find the contributors? Thanks for the program.
    Originally posted by jamesjgross
    Where do I find the contributors?
    Most of the contributors are people who've given suggestions, and language translators. Code contributors have been myself (Chris Faherty), Ralf Meyer, Frank Meus, Peter Engstrom, Jane B. Halfond. Maybe one or two others.

Usually when I'm gung-ho over a feature, I'll find time to add it myself. It does look a bit ancient, in need of a make-over I think.
  15. jke
    Since my Palm III I have used Teal Glance , even with my Prism. But with 90 I'm sticking with Today with agendus it just a great combo. I have tried all the programs we mentioned on this thread so far and Today has got me to swtich.
    If it aint' broke, don't fix it. Some upgrades are worse than the original. I like the nice clean interface of hotdate. I put a little color in with colorize (another free program). I switched from A5, which is a pretty good free program, too, (icons and color codes), but hotdate just works more smoothly for me, going back and forth to datebook, and in other ways. keep it simple.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12