1.    #1  
    Was wondering what the current SPCS PRL version is? Thanks
    I just had mine updated to PRL Version 10018.

I have a Treo 300...

Good Luck
    What is a PRL?
    Preferred Roaming List.

It is my understanding that as new towers are added to improve reception, their location addresses are added to the Preferred Roaming List File. So you need to update the PRL version in order to be able to access the new towers.
    back when I had a Kyo6035 and Verizon, I remember all sorts of talk on THAT forum about PRLs and version numbers, and KZ, blah blah blah. How 'bout a quick reminder as to where to locate the phone's PRL? Perhaps - prefs, then wireless, or sumthin?
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by nrosser
    back when I had a Kyo6035 and Verizon, I remember all sorts of talk on THAT forum about PRLs and version numbers, and KZ, blah blah blah. How 'bout a quick reminder as to where to locate the phone's PRL? Perhaps - prefs, then wireless, or sumthin?
    On the speed dial phone screen, tap on the time, then Options, then Phone Info in order to get the PRL Version for your Treo
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    ok How do you update the prl
    I thought the PRL is also region dependent. A 10018 would not necessarily be an update to a 10015, would it. Can someone clarify?
    No, the updates aren't regional, although what is updated may be regional and not affect you. In general, having the latest PRL is a good idea and shouldn't hurt anything if the updates don't include your home area. 10018 is a replacement for 10015.

Geoffrey
    Is the PRL update a flash update that can only be done by Sprint directly, or can it be downloaded into the radio in some way by users?
    You have to call sprint customer service first . They will initiate the request for the update.

Then afterwards you press call *2 on your phone.