1.    #1  
    I am currently trying out Agendus. When I use the Treo 'search' dialogue it searches the main databases . . .I click on the contact and its just the defualt basic AddressBook that pops up . . . how can I search in Agendus or at least go straight to my contact in Agendus?

I cannot beleive I cannot search in Agendus? Am I missing something? Seriously considering not buying it now . . . . .
    Well,
    First open Agendus, than tap on the little icon picture of a person on the bottom and voila! your contacts........
    Depending on how you sort the view you can type the name and it will display the matches
    Originally posted by duckznutz
    I am currently trying out Agendus. When I use the Treo 'search' dialogue it searches the main databases . . .I click on the contact and its just the defualt basic AddressBook that pops up . . . how can I search in Agendus or at least go straight to my contact in Agendus?

I cannot beleive I cannot search in Agendus? Am I missing something? Seriously considering not buying it now . . . . .
    I use and enjoy Agendus and would not give it up.

But when it comes to finding contacts, I prefer to do so through the PhoneBook app that comes with the Treo because it is so fast to get to the right one by their method: firstname initial + lastname initial and then type only as many more letters of the last name as necessary to bring up just the one you want. since it is more selective than just starting on the last name, I find it much faster; and of course you can dial out from either app's view of the list.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  4.    #4  
    Thank you both for taking the trouble to reply.

Yes I know how to click the little 'person' icon . . . it lists my contacts (all 2,315 of them! I am an Architect and I have a lot of suppliers and contractors clients etc etc in there) and the filtered views are fantastic . . but how do I search for someone called Peter for example, who's second name and Company I forget . . (his name might even be tucked away in the attached-notes section of a contact entry). I HAVE to use the default phonebook to find him . . why can I not search in Agendus?

Yes I also know that the default phonebook search is fast . . but when I find the contact and click it why can it not switch to my Agendus view instead of displaying in the basic DatBk? If I want to send Peter an email I then have to remember which contact entry he is in, switch to Agendus, re-find the name in Agendus and then click the email button to launch Iambic Mail.

Seems MAD to have a such a fantastic programme like Agendus which I cant search.

Does the latest DateBk let me search?
    The best tool I found to quickly and painlessly find a contact is Finger Dial (www.fingerclick.com).
    It is faster and easier than both Agendus (that I like very much otherwise) and Datebook +.
    What’s more, I assigned a hardware key (through Buttons 2) to Finger Dial to provide a fast and an easy access to the app.

Even better, Finger Dial is also a way to easily dial a contact without having to push many keys (different from Speed Dial).
  6.    #6  
    hmmm . . thanks. But since Finger Dial doesn't do Appointments and ToDos and filtered views and links to email and synchronisation with Agendus for Windows then I am still going to need Agendus . . . . . . . . . someone please help!
    hmmm . . thanks. But since Finger Dial doesn't do Appointments and ToDos and filtered views and links to email and synchronisation with Agendus for Windows then I am still going to need Agendus . . . . . . . . . someone please help!
    Agree.
    Agendus (that I do use for Todos, appointments and the lot) is great, but its contact search facilities is messy and not very user friendly.

This is the reason why I'm using Finger Dial that provides the user-friendliness and the ease of use that Agendus doesn't have, as you can easily search and retreive a contact. You can even edit it directly from Finger Dial.

This is the most efficient answer I found weeks ago to the question you asked, and that most Agendus users must ask themsleves.
    But if someone else has a better solution, I would be very happy to know!

8.    #8  
    Thanks. Not sure whether you have shares in Fingerdial! Well I downloaded and installed Fingerdial and I kept an open mind. Finger dial is really really good I must admit!! Much better than I thought it might be . . I might even buy it . . . BUT : -

1 Apart from the ability to use your finger instead of the stylus it has no better search capabilities than Agendus. In fact I prefer the surgical precision of Agendus because I can select a target category and then start typing for a name PLUS the filtered group sorting is very handy right on the main screen and for my needs this feature alone is worth the money.

2 Fingerdial doesn't have a 'speed-dial' page so I cant quite replace the default Treo Phone app.

3 Fingerdial only searches by Company and Last/First name. No advantage there.

4 Fingerdial has no 'numbers' screen for dialling a phone number of someone not in my Contacts List.

Maybe Fingerdial is still in early stages . . . . . I might use it when it is a little more flexible.

STILL looking for a decent Contacts app like Agendus that allows me to search!
    No, I don't have shares in Finger Dial

Months ago, I asked myself the very same question you asked in this thread.
    Finger Dial came out as being the best possible answer (far to be perfect) to it.

Nevertheless remember that, unless I'm mistaken, Finger Dial is not to replace Treo's phone app (hence no speed dial or dialing pad), but only to complement the existing.

Fingerdial only searches by Company and Last/First name. No advantage there.
    For my own information, what other search criteria would you need?
    As far as I am concerned, these are the only search types that I use!

You should contact Finger Dial developer, he is open to suggestions and implement them quickly, once he agreed.
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by dennis3232
    For my own information, what other search criteria would you need? . .
    There are many other fields in tha database. For example, I use the attached notes a lot for minor personnel at a Company. I also use the custom fields and might have emails or urls entered too.

The basic Treo Datebk3 search will find your word in ANY field.

Fingerdial is fine for quick phonecalls to a friend but useless for any serious business use. I hope they can develop it . . I also hope Agendus adds a 'search' function.
    Fingerdial is fine for quick phonecalls to a friend but useless for any serious business use. I hope they can develop it . . I also hope Agendus adds a 'search' function.
    I don't know about Agendus developers, but you should contact Finger Dial's.
    As I said before, he is very open to suggestions and you might eventually, thanks to your input, get the app that you're looking for.
    Well - I kind of have shares in TAKEphONE (hell - I built it !),
    but I'll just point out:

1 Apart from the ability to use your finger instead of the stylus it has no better search capabilities than Agendus. In fact I prefer the surgical precision of Agendus because I can select a target category and then start typing for a name PLUS the filtered group sorting is very handy right on the main screen and for my needs this feature alone is worth the money.
    You can define the searched category in TAKEphONE.

2 Fingerdial doesn't have a 'speed-dial' page so I cant quite replace the default Treo Phone app.
    The new TAKEphONE (Currently at BETA) has Speed-Dial.

3 Fingerdial only searches by Company and Last/First name. No advantage there.
    TAKEphONE allows searching TITLE, CUSTOM fields, too.

4 Fingerdial has no 'numbers' screen for dialling a phone number of someone not in my Contacts List.
    The new TAKEphONE (Currently at BETA) has a dial-pad..
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com