Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Originally posted by mappy

With a help from aarons12 I got my "Pink Panther" to work properly on my treo 300. Actually, it sounds better than the web site preview - I like it. I would assume this would be all fixed for whoever buys "Pink Panther" once it's updated on the TCRinger website.
    Now all three ringtones work fine for me, THANKS!!!
    thanks. i sent the revised file to treocentral for posting but can't guarantee exactly when it will be done.

as to this one sounding different (glad you think its better) i also played with a couple of the instruments while making the changes.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    1.0.3 is currently not available on the download website...

When he puts it back up, you will see it works great and allows all private #s to pass through ti the program!

Mike
    Originally posted by Dan Harkless
    [B]It's not just a problem with short tones -- many longer tones sound quite awkward when the last few notes (or percussion) of the last measure in the edit bump right up against the opening notes (or percussion) of the first measure.

In fact I'd say that in general the shorter ones sound better, loop-wise, because they have less time to build towards a musical payoff that's never reached. If it's just a couple of measures looped, the ear is more willing to buy it as a loop, which is never supposed to go anywhere.

Ah. Now that is a good point. Yeah, it seems that all the factory ringtones on the Treo were made short so that there would be a pause between rings, as is conventional.

If there were a pause between plays of the ringtones that sound bad when "seamlessly" looped, almost all of them would sound a lot better.

What happens when you use the longer ringtones with TC Ringer? When it gets to the time point at which the Treo would usually play the second ring, does it just do nothing (until the time point at which the third ring would play), waiting for the first play of the long tone to complete? Or does it cut off the first play wherever it is and start playing again from the beginning? Or does it "queue up" the second ring to be played immediatey when the first one's done (making it be looped seamlessly, as on the website preview)?

If the latter case, then those ringtones that sound awkward when looped in their current state could be improved markedly by editing them to not be an even number of measures long. A final partial measure could be added, with a short rest, to make the loop point not sound awkward.
    I have "Mission Impossible", "Looney Toons" and "Pink Panther" that came with my TCRinger purchase which last for about 15 seconds each. I find myself picking up the phone within 15 seconds so I never reach the end of the ringtone. Furthermore, on my treo 300 the voice mail picks up the phone right as the song ends so it would not repeat the ringtone - so perhaps this wouldn't be much of an issue in the actual use.

I never liked the short ringtones that came with Treo 300 even though it might sound better loop wise as you might suggest.

It's nice to be able to have the ringtones notify your call with familiar tunes. One happy customer of TCRinger.
  4. jsp
    I was finally able to download the update - but after installing and setting tc ringer to active....when anyone calls me I get a fatal error and have to reset. When I make tc ringer inactive and use the tones that came with the treo, I can receive calls.

What am I doing wrong?!?
    Originally posted by jsp
    I was finally able to download the update - but after installing and setting tc ringer to active....when anyone calls me I get a fatal error and have to reset. When I make tc ringer inactive and use the tones that came with the treo, I can receive calls.

What am I doing wrong?!?
    In order to determine the issue, the following information should be sent to the support email address listed for TC Ringer:

1) Type of Treo
    2) What version of TC Ringer?
    3) What ringtones were copied to the radio? (Please list the EXACT names as listed in TC Ringer (in Radio for the Treo 300)
    4) Did the user have Ringo installed before?
    5) What are the EXACT steps the user used to reproduce the problem?
    6) Does the caller ID show up correctly?
    7) Is there more than one phone number entry with the same number?
    8) Is the number listed in speed dial?
    9) If the number is listed in speed dial, is the "Enable Unique Ring" turned on (Treo 300)?
    10) Is the ringer ON?
    12) What number is the user calling from?
    13) Do you have any hacks installed?
    14) Do you have TreoAlertMgr or other apps from PDAapps installed?
    15) Is Ringo still installed?
    16) What have you done to attempt to isolate the problem?
    17) Send a copy of the AddressBook database:
    1) Get RSRCEdit from:<http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...5&prodID=39685>
    2) Open RsrcEdit
    3) Find AddressDB
    4) Choose Duplicate Database from Menu
    5) Tap on AddressDB Copy
    6) Select Backup checkbox
    7) Hit apply
    8) Tap on another database and then back to AddressDB Copy
    9) Verify backup is still checked
    10) HotSync
    11) Send AddressDB Copy.pdb

While the above information is helpful, unfortunately it cannot guarantee a solution.
    Scott -

was there a change in the number of ringers that can be stored in the radio - I have a new treo and TC 1.0.3 & currently have 45 total ringers in the radio list. I thought the max was higher than 45...

thanks.
    Originally posted by kayden75
    Scott -

was there a change in the number of ringers that can be stored in the radio - I have a new treo and TC 1.0.3 & currently have 45 total ringers in the radio list. I thought the max was higher than 45...

thanks.
    The radio can store a maximum of 52 ringers. However, only about 26 (give or take a few) can be stored by the user.
    does the 'give or take' depend on ringer file sizes?
    Originally posted by kayden75
    does the 'give or take' depend on ringer file sizes?
    Nope, depends on how I added the day I wrote the code :-)
    Originally posted by sgruby

Nope, depends on how I added the day I wrote the code :-)
    well, at least scott is honest!
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    My Ringer Preferences will not stay set to new ringtones in radio. For example the ringer for know callers Reverts to Treo or other default installed tones.

I have Removed TC Ringer and reinstalled. Random Ringtones does not work either. I disabled MarknDial and Cell Plan Log Data the only hacks before reinstalled. No difference.

The only installed TC Ringers that are recognized for individuals and played if selected at speed dial assignment screen. Default ringers in radio will stay selected but installed tones do not.

Am I alone?
    Originally posted by centrallaw
    My Ringer Preferences will not stay set to new ringtones in radio. For example the ringer for know callers Reverts to Treo or other default installed tones.

I have Removed TC Ringer and reinstalled. Random Ringtones does not work either. I disabled MarknDial and Cell Plan Log Data the only hacks before reinstalled. No difference.

The only installed TC Ringers that are recognized for individuals and played if selected at speed dial assignment screen. Default ringers in radio will stay selected but installed tones do not.

Am I alone?
    (As posted in a previous thread...)

In order to determine the issue, the following information should be sent to the support email address listed for TC Ringer:

1) Type of Treo
    2) What version of TC Ringer?
    3) What ringtones were copied to the radio? (Please list the EXACT names as listed in TC Ringer (in Radio for the Treo 300)
    4) Did the user have Ringo installed before?
    5) What are the EXACT steps the user used to reproduce the problem?
    6) Does the caller ID show up correctly?
    7) Is there more than one phone number entry with the same number?
    8) Is the number listed in speed dial?
    9) If the number is listed in speed dial, is the "Enable Unique Ring" turned on (Treo 300)?
    10) Is the ringer ON?
    12) What number is the user calling from?
    13) Do you have any hacks installed?
    14) Do you have TreoAlertMgr or other apps from PDAapps installed?
    15) Is Ringo still installed?
    16) What have you done to attempt to isolate the problem?
    17) Send a copy of the AddressBook database:
    1) Get RSRCEdit from:<http://www.palmgear.com/software/sh...15&prodID=39685>
    2) Open RsrcEdit
    3) Find AddressDB
    4) Choose Duplicate Database from Menu
    5) Tap on AddressDB Copy
    6) Select Backup checkbox
    7) Hit apply
    8) Tap on another database and then back to AddressDB Copy
    9) Verify backup is still checked
    10) HotSync
    11) Send AddressDB Copy.pdb

While the above information is helpful, unfortunately it cannot guarantee a solution.

Also, please DO NOT contact me directly. The support address for TC Ringer is tcringer@treocentral.com.
    Is there a way to delete a set? I'm able to delete the individual ringtones, but not the set? Or is there?

Thanks in advance.
    -Chris

p.s. - This program works great in conjunction with Treo Picture Caller ID. Nice alternative to Ringo.
    you should be able to delete a ringtone set using the normal applications/delete tool.
    It appears that there are some bugs with the way the Treo 300 deals with ringtones. However, I have been able to find a workaround. Hopefully the information below will help out. This information is for the Treo 300 only.

Setting Ringtones for use as "Known Caller Tone", "Unknown Caller Tone" and "Roaming Tone"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. In TC Ringer, go to Manage
    2. Select "Midi Ring Tones" on one side
    3. Select another database on the other (do not select Radio)
    4. Copy tones you'd like to use for these 3 items to Midi Ring Tones
    5. Either goto Launcher, choose Prefs, select Ringers
    6. Select the tone(s) for these items

NOTE: ringers you copy to the radio will not show up as options for these tones if there are items in the Midi Ring Tones database.

Setting Ringtones for use with Speed Dial or in TC Ringer's Individuals and Groups
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2. Select "Radio" on one side
    4. Copy tones you'd like to use for these to Radio
    5. From TC Ringer, select Individuals or Groups or go into the phone app and edit speed dials as directed in the Treo manual
    6. Select tones
    It appears that there are some bugs with the way the Treo 300 deals with ringtones. However, I have been able to find a workaround. Hopefully the information below will help out. This information is for the Treo 300 only.

Setting Ringtones for use as "Known Caller Tone", "Unknown Caller Tone" and "Roaming Tone"
    2. Select "Midi Ring Tones" on one side
    4. Copy tones you'd like to use for these 3 items to Midi Ring Tones
    So contrary to your earlier comment, the database is not worthless and if people want those ringtone settings to be preserved through a loss of battery power or hard reset, they should set the backup bit for that database with FileZ.

5. Either goto Launcher, choose Prefs, select Ringers
    6. Select the tone(s) for these items
    Not sure what you mean by "Either" there...
    Originally posted by Dan Harkless
    So contrary to your earlier comment, the database is not worthless and if people want those ringtone settings to be preserved through a loss of battery power or hard reset, they should set the backup bit for that database with FileZ.

Not sure what you mean by "Either" there...
    Incomplete thought; either goto ringers via Prefs or choose Ringer Preferences from within TC Ringer.

Yes, my earlier comment about the file being useless was incorrect. However, this is because of bugs in the Treo's ring system. If the bugs didn't exist, then my original comment remains valid.
    I was having all kinds of problems having the program recognizing ANY of my groups or individuals...but I think I figured it out. Most of my address book entries were only 7 digits long...like 555-1234. The first 3 numbers were given a default by the Treo, but TCRinger couldn't figure it out. So the caller ID would be correct, but I would get a default ringer. I went through my address book and put in all the 3 digit area codes and I think it works now. I need to do some more testing in the AM, but maybe other people were having the same problem?

Hope this made sense and helps someone.
    Originally posted by Fanaka66
    I was having all kinds of problems having the program recognizing ANY of my groups or individuals...but I think I figured it out. Most of my address book entries were only 7 digits long...like 555-1234. The first 3 numbers were given a default by the Treo, but TCRinger couldn't figure it out. So the caller ID would be correct, but I would get a default ringer. I went through my address book and put in all the 3 digit area codes and I think it works now. I need to do some more testing in the AM, but maybe other people were having the same problem?

Hope this made sense and helps someone.
    TC Ringer matches the caller ID (which seems to always have the area code in it in the US) with entries in your address book. So, if the caller ID says 6195551234 and your address book has 5551234, it won't match. This is because it would also match 8585551234 if it only matched on the last 7 digits.

TC Ringer matches the caller ID (which seems to always have the area code in it in the US) with entries in your address book. So, if the caller ID says 6195551234 and your address book has 5551234, it won't match. This is because it would also match 8585551234 if it only matched on the last 7 digits.
    Right, but in the Treo, under dial preferences, you can make a 'default' area code. This works great for outgoing calls and caller ID for people in your phone book, but not for TCRinger. It's not a big deal, I just put the area code in my phone book entries and it now seems to work, but I think it should be in the documentation somewhere.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast