Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Originally posted by JoeTampa
    Here's an annoying problem: I have a friend for whom I have three phone numbers (home, cell, work). I assigned him an individual ringtone, however, if he calls me on either of the two numbers that are not the FIRST in his record, the default ringtone plays instead of "his" ringtone. PLEASE fix this!
    TC Ringer will walk through all the fields (all 19) in each address book entry. If you have the person listed in your speed dial, I believe that the entry in the speed dial will override TC Ringer. You should double check that the friend isn't in your speed dial.
    I bought TCRinger few days ago and I like it. I like the fact that you can assign ringtones to individuals on the address book.

I mainly bought this because it offered 3 free ringtones and I like some of the ringtones they had.

Well, only problem now is that 1 of the 3 free ringtones I got doesn't work. "Pink Panther" is the ringtone I got, but when I try to copy it to the radio, it saids the file size is too big, and also when I hit "Play" it sounds awful. Has anyone on this thread who bought this ringtone had any success? Am I doing something wrong? Other 2 ringtones work great - they sound very much like the demo on the website. Sort of makes up for the one that doesn't work...
    Scott,

He is indeed on the speed dial list, but has no custom ringer defined there.. So are you saying that we can't use TC Ringer to assign a ringtone to ANYONE on our speed dial?
    Did a quick test... Took an entry on my speed dial (HOME), which has a custom ringtone assigned in the speed dial button. I then assigned that "individual" a ringtone in TC Ringer. Dialed the phone, and got the speed dial custom ringtone. Removed the customer ringtone in the speed dial entry, and redialed, and got the Treo default ringtone. So, it appears that you must use TC Ringer to move the tone to the Treo, and assign the ringtones for speed dial entries from the speed dial entry, not TC Ringer.

It would be perhaps more intuitive if individuals in the speed dial entries were not presented in the "individual" list.

- Joe
    Did a quick test... Took an entry on my speed dial (HOME), which has a custom ringtone assigned in the speed dial button. I then assigned that "individual" a ringtone in TC Ringer. Dialed the phone, and got the speed dial custom ringtone. Removed the customer ringtone in the speed dial entry, and redialed, and got the Treo default ringtone. So, it appears that you must use TC Ringer to move the tone to the Treo, and assign the ringtones for speed dial entries from the speed dial entry, not TC Ringer.

It would be perhaps more intuitive if individuals in the speed dial entries were not presented in the "individual" list.

- Joe
    1) How should TC Ringer know that an entry is in your speed dial list? It doesn't have acess to that information. In addition, it would have to check to see if the "Enable unique ring" was turned on for that entry.

2) As long as you don't have the "Enable unique ring" for an entry in speed dial, it should work fine. I have my home number in my speed dial and have my wife assigned as the same number with a custom ring (via TC Ringer) and it works fine.
    Originally posted by aarons12
    i didn't know i explained anything?
    Yes, you incorrectly answered Maniac8888, saying the tones were cut off on the website preview, and then asked if that explained why I thought many of the loops were looped in unmusical ways.
    Originally posted by Dan Harkless
    Yes, you incorrectly answered Maniac8888, saying the tones were cut off on the website preview, and then asked if that explained why I thought many of the loops were looped in unmusical ways.
    Probably best to verify who said what before pressing an incorrect point. Nobody said that the tones were cut off at the web site; I said "I'm not sure if the preview at the TC ringtone web page cuts off the tones, as the TC Ringer preview does, after 15 seconds.". I'm not Aaron (probably don't even look like him...).
    Peter Campbell * www.krazy.com
    Originally posted by pcampbell
    Probably best to verify who said what before pressing an incorrect point.
    Yes, it is.

Nobody said that the tones were cut off at the web site; I said "I'm not sure if the preview at the TC ringtone web page cuts off the tones, as the TC Ringer preview does, after 15 seconds.".
    Yes, I know you said that. Maniac8888 then replied to your post repeating the question of whether they're cut off on the web site as well. aarons12 then replied that they are.

After some now-moot discussion based on this incorrect revelation, Marcus posted, correcting aarons12's error.
    Scott,

I paid for TCRinger when it was still in beta (1.0.2b6) and it works fine with my registration code.

But ever since the announcement of the release version, I have been trying to download it and can't. I go to the paragraph that says:

"Upgrade to 1.0.3 is free for existing users
    - Download TC Ringer 1.0.2 and use your existing registration code. Before syncing TC Ringer 1.0.2 with your Treo, please disable the old version by setting it to "Inactive".

and I click on the word "Download" and it takes me to a page which is empty except for the top banners. I understood there was a problem on the first day, but I still get this empty page, even now. I have tried it with the Mac versions of IE5 and Mozilla 1.2.1

Any suggestions?

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Originally posted by NateS
    Scott,

I paid for TCRinger when it was still in beta (1.0.2b6) and it works fine with my registration code.

But ever since the announcement of the release version, I have been trying to download it and can't. I go to the paragraph that says:

"Upgrade to 1.0.3 is free for existing users
    - Download TC Ringer 1.0.2 and use your existing registration code. Before syncing TC Ringer 1.0.2 with your Treo, please disable the old version by setting it to "Inactive".

and I click on the word "Download" and it takes me to a page which is empty except for the top banners. I understood there was a problem on the first day, but I still get this empty page, even now. I have tried it with the Mac versions of IE5 and Mozilla 1.2.1

Any suggestions?

Regards,

NateS
    You'll need to talk to Marcus; my only affiliation with TC Ringer is that I wrote it for Mark/Space.
  11. jsp
    I am having the same problem as NateS- when I try to download the current release I get only a blank screen. I have tried using IE and Netscape on my Mac.
    Originally posted by sgruby

You'll need to talk to Marcus; my only affiliation with TC Ringer is that I wrote it for Mark/Space.
    I'm sorry - I thought you guys talked to each other.

Can I ask you a question about DeleteTones.prc?

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Originally posted by NateS
    Can I ask you a question about DeleteTones.prc?
    All I can say is that it is provided without any warranty, guarantee, or support. If it doesn't work, you really need to contact the Ringo folks who screwed up in the first place and prompted me to write it.

Sorry.
    Originally posted by mappy
    I bought TCRinger few days ago and I like it. I like the fact that you can assign ringtones to individuals on the address book.

I mainly bought this because it offered 3 free ringtones and I like some of the ringtones they had.

Well, only problem now is that 1 of the 3 free ringtones I got doesn't work. "Pink Panther" is the ringtone I got, but when I try to copy it to the radio, it saids the file size is too big, and also when I hit "Play" it sounds awful. Has anyone on this thread who bought this ringtone had any success? Am I doing something wrong? Other 2 ringtones work great - they sound very much like the demo on the website. Sort of makes up for the one that doesn't work...
    i have to apologize, the pink panther seems to have squeeked by under the old size, which worked fine with ringo but will not work with tcringer. if you email me using the button below, i will do a new one that will work for you and also forward it to marcus for posting at the site

mea culpa
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by pcampbell

Probably best to verify who said what before pressing an incorrect point. Nobody said that the tones were cut off at the web site; I said "I'm not sure if the preview at the TC ringtone web page cuts off the tones, as the TC Ringer preview does, after 15 seconds.". I'm not Aaron (probably don't even look like him...).
    peter- not if you have any luck at all!

i think i did get mixed up as to whether the discussion was about tcringer previews or the web site previews...

actually, in listening again, if anything, the previews at the web site are in continuous loops, which can make the shorter tones sound a little 'jumpy' when all they are actually doing is starting over... in actual use there would be a space there between rings
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Ringer Preferences will not stay set to new ringtones in radio. Reverts to Treo or other default installed tones.

Removed TC Ringer and reinstalled. Random Ringtones does not work either. I disabled MarknDial and Cell Plan Log Data the only hacks before reinstalled. No difference.

Ringers recognized for individuals and played if selected at speed dial assignment screen. Default ringers in radio will stay selected installed tones do not.
    actually, in listening again, if anything, the previews at the web site are in continuous loops, which can make the shorter tones sound a little 'jumpy' when all they are actually doing is starting over...
    It's not just a problem with short tones -- many longer tones sound quite awkward when the last few notes (or percussion) of the last measure in the edit bump right up against the opening notes (or percussion) of the first measure.

In fact I'd say that in general the shorter ones sound better, loop-wise, because they have less time to build towards a musical payoff that's never reached. If it's just a couple of measures looped, the ear is more willing to buy it as a loop, which is never supposed to go anywhere.

in actual use there would be a space there between rings
    Ah. Now that is a good point. Yeah, it seems that all the factory ringtones on the Treo were made short so that there would be a pause between rings, as is conventional.

If there were a pause between plays of the ringtones that sound bad when "seamlessly" looped, almost all of them would sound a lot better.

What happens when you use the longer ringtones with TC Ringer? When it gets to the time point at which the Treo would usually play the second ring, does it just do nothing (until the time point at which the third ring would play), waiting for the first play of the long tone to complete? Or does it cut off the first play wherever it is and start playing again from the beginning? Or does it "queue up" the second ring to be played immediatey when the first one's done (making it be looped seamlessly, as on the website preview)?

If the latter case, then those ringtones that sound awkward when looped in their current state could be improved markedly by editing them to not be an even number of measures long. A final partial measure could be added, with a short rest, to make the loop point not sound awkward.
    Scott,

1. I guess I assumed that TC Ringer could read the database similar to the way that Agendus reads the Calendar and Contacts db's if you programmed it to do so.

2. That didn't work in my tests, none of my speed dial entries (with "enable custom ringtone" DISabled) rang with the TC Ringer assigned ringtone. All used the Treo default. It isn't always an issue as I just assign the TC Ringer-enabled ringtone in the speed dial entry.

- Joe
    Scott,

1. I guess I assumed that TC Ringer could read the database similar to the way that Agendus reads the Calendar and Contacts db's if you programmed it to do so.

2. That didn't work in my tests, none of my speed dial entries (with "enable custom ringtone" DISabled) rang with the TC Ringer assigned ringtone. All used the Treo default. It isn't always an issue as I just assign the TC Ringer-enabled ringtone in the speed dial entry.

- Joe
    1) The address book and datebook databases have their formats published. Handspring (last time I checked) doesn't publish the format to their speed dial database. It's a moot point because that information isn't needed.

2) You didn't say what version of TC Ringer you were using. Are any of your address book entries marked private? If you are using 1.0.2 and have entries marked private, then they will use the default tone; if you have 1.0.3, this will not happen.

Unfortunately that's all I can say as it works fine for me. You should contact tech support for additional assistance.

i have to apologize, the pink panther seems to have squeeked by under the old size, which worked fine with ringo but will not work with tcringer. if you email me using the button below, i will do a new one that will work for you and also forward it to marcus for posting at the site

mea culpa
    With a help from aarons12 I got my "Pink Panther" to work properly on my treo 300. Actually, it sounds better than the web site preview - I like it. I would assume this would be all fixed for whoever buys "Pink Panther" once it's updated on the TCRinger website.
    Now all three ringtones work fine for me, THANKS!!!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast