1.    #1  
    A few days ago my phone started ringing but it wouldn't let me answer. It just kept ringing. It wouldn't recognize 'answer' or 'ignore'. The only way to make it stop ringing was to do a soft reset. I can access the internet just fine.

After experimenting a bit, here's what I've discovered:

If I do a warm reset, the phone seems to behave normally but I can't use GPRS. When I try to access a page, I get, "There was a problem connecting to the Internet. Please check your network preferences." When I check network preferences, I get, "The network library is not available." When I check wireless preferences, I get, "Error: Cannot find Inetlib. Any changes you make will not take effect until Inetlib restarts. Suggest resetting device." Then I get a fatal exception which forces a soft reset and I'm back to square one where the phone doesn't work but GPRS does.

I should add that I don't receive a lot of phone calls but as a longtime Palm user, I do like to download new applications. It's hard for me to pinpoint which app might be causing a problem, but I've deleted the most recent ones. Should I just delete everything and try again?
    I have the same problem with one of my frind's TREO180... He applied the firmware update form Handspring web site for GPRS and after HotSync he gets exactly the same result as yours... So the problem is in the application softawere ! You can be shure about it.. What we find out is when you upload your applications one by one everythig is just fine... but if you make HotSync and let everything to be uploaded at one time... this library disappears... Still I can't tell you which application did this but this is the fact.. I will advise you to do this:
    1. Perform Hardware reset to your TREO
    2. Empty backup directory on your PC
    3. Download and apply GPRS update from www.handspring.com
    You have to be very carefull !!! Follow the steps EXACTLY as they are described in the handspring web site (fully charged battery and so one..) !!!
    After this your TREO should work without any problems with GPRS... then upload your apps one by one... hope this will help... And once again be very carefull when you apply the update !!!
    GOOD LUCK
  3. DYB
    I have a variation of this problem: Since installing GPRS, the FIRST call I receive after being online results in the folks on the other end not being able to hear me. I hear them, but it's like I'm muted or something, and I have to systematically call them back.

It extremely frustrating....
    Originally posted by chux

If I do a warm reset, the phone seems to behave normally but I can't use GPRS. When I try to access a page, I get, "There was a problem connecting to the Internet. Please check your network preferences." When I check network preferences, I get, "The network library is not available." When I check wireless preferences, I get, "Error: Cannot find Inetlib.
    That's what a warm reset is supposed to do. It disables certain extensions within the OS, one of them is network communications.
  5.    #5  
    I finally had a little time to troubleshoot this and I discovered that CradleSnd was the culprit. When I tried to delete it, it gave me a message similar to, "Some databases could not be deleted." So I did a warm reset and was able to properly delete CradleSnd. Now my Treo 180 seems to work normally again.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts on my problem.