1.    #1  
    Phew! Finally got SnapperMail off the Xmas / New Year hiatus and shipped version 1.5.0

Back into full steam ahead - I think we'll go full release in the next few weeks at 1.5.x

Here's the update details:

2003.01.29 ***RELEASED***
    v1.5.0 build 7
    - NEW: Better email lookup - jog control, spaces, and commas trigger an email lookup
    - NEW: Communications layer rewritten to improve send and receive reliability
    - NEW: Hi Density graphics support for OS5 devices
    - NEW: Periodic fetch "New Mail" alert self dismisses in OS 3.5, up button to manually dismiss
    - User Manual included with distribution
    - New versions of JpegWatch Lite and HandZipper Lite included with distribution
    - Now supports unlock registration codes and does not expire
    - Change the connection log's duration format if time taken was more than a minute
    - Added default signatures
    - Trial version now expires after 21 days
    - After replying/forwarding SnapperMail returns to the original message instead of the Message List
    - Fixed. Cannot have a space in the account username
    - Fixed. Periodic fetching failed to zero the new message counter after a message is read
    - Fixed. Sometimes failed to beam vCard, vCal, and text attachments between OS versions
    - Fixed. Silent vibrate alarm for new mail did not work on Treo
    - Fixed. Re-editing a draft message did not change the timestamp
    - Fixed. Delete off server after X days was one day out
    - Fixed. Changing accounts when composing does not switch the message BCC info
    - Fixed. Tapping cancel in Periodic Fetch Prefs when No Time is set does not revert to the previous screen
    - Fixed. Unread/Read Message count shows incorrect number
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
    There's two things that I'd like to see in a forthcoming release. Occasionally I'll tag a message for retrieval and something will happen while I'm retrieving it. Thereafter the message will say "Message Truncated". This happened just this weekend, with driving directions that I desperately needed. I wish there was a way to re-request a message retrieval if something goes wrong.

Also, I'd like to see the flipside of this. If I request that message be retrieved I'd like to be able to unrequest it. I requested that a message be retrieved the other day and it turned out it was a 15 Mb message. I tried everything to stop the message retrieval but it kept trying to retrieve it every X minutes. It kept going on all weekend, until I was able to get to my primary PC and retrieve the message (which took it off the server).

Dunc
    Originally posted by Dunc
    There's two things that I'd like to see in a forthcoming release. Occasionally I'll tag a message for retrieval and something will happen while I'm retrieving it. Thereafter the message will say "Message Truncated". This happened just this weekend, with driving directions that I desperately needed. I wish there was a way to re-request a message retrieval if something goes wrong.

Also, I'd like to see the flipside of this. If I request that message be retrieved I'd like to be able to unrequest it. I requested that a message be retrieved the other day and it turned out it was a 15 Mb message. I tried everything to stop the message retrieval but it kept trying to retrieve it every X minutes. It kept going on all weekend, until I was able to get to my primary PC and retrieve the message (which took it off the server).

Dunc
    What you could do is designate how many lines (or just the header) you want to download and then make the determination of which, if any, messages you want to see the entire contents.
  4.    #4  
    Check Page 13 out in the manual. Tap of the server icon to tag it to not download.

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

Excellent Will - I guess I should have read the instructions. Being able to unmark a message is great. But what about being able to attempt to re-retrieve a message, that doesn't appear to be one of the options.

Also, I just downloaded and installed version 1.5 on my Treo and it now says that my licensed version is scheduled to expire in February. What's up with that?

Dunc
    I LOVE the new rewritten communications layer! I have a Treo300 and can now download complete attachments I downloaded an email with a 1meg attachment in under 3 minutes...about 10kb/sec!

The only thing I can think of that would be nice to have in future versions is support for HTML-formatted emails...no biggie though.

Great job!
  7.    #7  
    Excellent Will - I guess I should have read the instructions. Being able to unmark a message is great. But what about being able to attempt to re-retrieve a message, that doesn't appear to be one of the options.
    If the message is truncated (jagged message icon) and still on the server (blue dot) you can keep tapping the icon until you get a down arrow. A small down arrow to get the message body, a big down arrow for the message including all attachments that come with it.

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

Originally posted by 98GSR
    I LOVE the new rewritten communications layer! I have a Treo300 and can now download complete attachments I downloaded an email with a 1meg attachment in under 3 minutes...about 10kb/sec!

The only thing I can think of that would be nice to have in future versions is support for HTML-formatted emails...no biggie though.

Great job!
    I've noticed an amazing increase in speed as well! When I received the new version of Snappermail I was at work and was unable to hotsync it to my Treo300. So I zipped up the PRC file and sent it to my Treo. Snappermail sluggishly downloaded the messages at around 1KB/sec. Now with the new version installed the same download took a matter of seconds. I'm so glad I purchased Snappermail, it truely is the best email app for the Treo/Palm!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Is 'filtering' planned for a future release? Something like what Eudora has...if sender is xyz@abc.com, download entire message; if subject contains 'Make Money Fast', delete from server.
    Will the hotsync be available soon so I can stop using both Eudora and Snappermail??
  11.    #11  
    1.6 HTML
    1.7 Folders
    1.8 Filters (like Eudora)
    2.0 IMAP
    3.0 Conduits

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

When you do the folders or syncing release, PLEAZZZ make it where you can sync more than one folder from Outlook. Thanks.