1.    #1  
    I recently switched from a Sanyo 4900 PCS Vision phone to a Treo 300. I was of course dismayed that I could not access the various on-line PCS Vision functions like email, short messages, calendar, etc., like I could on my Sanyo phone's microbrowser.

After going thru the wonderful resources of this forum, I gather there are a number of different reasons why this is so, mainly I think that it has to do with Blazer's use of a proxy/cacheing system that rests outside of Sprint's network.

I have tried to access my PCS vision functions on Blazer and Eudora with no luck. Blazer gave me the most hope. I went to www.sprintpcs.com, clicked on the "Sign On" button, and got to a page that had a single link on it called "My Planner". Clicking on this link, however, results in an endless loop of going right back to the page with the "My Planner" link on it, and I am guessing this has to do with authentication.

So I have some specific questions I'd like to ask all the very experienced people here:

1. Why precisely can't I access my PCS Vision services on my Treo like I did on my Sanyo phone? Does anyone have any info from Sprint on when or if this can or will be fixed?

2. I can't get my email from pop.sprintpcs.com, nor send via smtp.sprintpcs.com using Eudora mail, in spite of going thru the many terrific instructions in various places in this forum. Has anyone else had problems with this no matter what they've done? Would anyone mind posting (one more time) their settings for Eudora that work for them?

3. Is it worth it to call Sprint PCS customer support about these issues? If so, who should I talk to, what have others said that works?

Many thanks. This forum is a great resource.
    Originally posted by ratthing
    1. Why precisely can't I access my PCS Vision services on my Treo like I did on my Sanyo phone? Does anyone have any info from Sprint on when or if this can or will be fixed?

2. I can't get my email from pop.sprintpcs.com, nor send via smtp.sprintpcs.com using Eudora mail, in spite of going thru the many terrific instructions in various places in this forum. Has anyone else had problems with this no matter what they've done? Would anyone mind posting (one more time) their settings for Eudora that work for them?

3. Is it worth it to call Sprint PCS customer support about these issues? If so, who should I talk to, what have others said that works?
    1. You can't access sprintpcs.com from the Treo. It requires Javascript, and the only browser I know of that supports javascript (Xiino) still can't handle their programming. And Sprint apparently doesn't make the Vision Vault available to us, because the vault content isn't compatible with the Treo. This isn't a big deal, because there's a richer wealth of Palm apps, and usable Treo 300 ringtones are about to really exist.

2. I had this same problem, and it was on Sprint's side. They do not have your account info inputted correctly. This frustrated the life out of me, because they kept telling me to go to settings and preferences and change my PCS Vision password. But, since they didn't have me set up as a PCS Vision customer, I didn't have that particular password option. I think it took about six calls and three emails to finally get someone to correct it.

3. See 2. You absolutely need to call them. The problem is on their end. Once you do that, note the particular instructions for changing your SprintPCS email password required to use their smtp server (that password changing screen is well hidden). And, don't make the mistake I did of thinking that, as an existing Sprint customer, you already have all of these accounts. My old info was wiped out when I switched from my Sprint Touchpoint 3000 to the Treo 300. Fortunately, I didn't keep anything there. I got the exact same looping screen that you described until they fixed my account, and then it was a brand new account.
    Peter Campbell * www.krazy.com
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, Peter.

I've already updated my email password (not my "account password" or my "PCS Vision password) via the sooper seekrit hidden link on my mail view at www.sprintpcs.com, but still had no luck. I used the information in this forum to do that.
  4.    #4  
    Does anyone have an email address for Sprint PCS support? Can't seem to find on e anywhere on the sprintpcs.com site.

I'd rather deal with some folks directly via email instead of going thru the layers of droids on the phone
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    You can email sprint pcs via email if you login to your account at www.sprintpcs.com, click on "My Plan", and then click on "Ask a question" on the side bar.

I warn you though that I have asked about 5 separate questions about different aspects of the vision service, etc. and EVERY time they email back a message after at least 2 days that says "Thanks very much for asking. Please call us at our 800 number or dial *2". I actually emailed them back after the last time asking if they ever send out a different response than that. I got a more in depth email returned from my reply, but they still ultimately wanted me to dial *2.
    Originally posted by peridoc
    You can email sprint pcs via email if you login to your account at www.sprintpcs.com, click on "My Plan", and then click on "Ask a question" on the side bar.

I warn you though that I have asked about 5 separate questions about different aspects of the vision service, etc. and EVERY time they email back a message after at least 2 days that says "Thanks very much for asking. Please call us at our 800 number or dial *2". I actually emailed them back after the last time asking if they ever send out a different response than that. I got a more in depth email returned from my reply, but they still ultimately wanted me to dial *2.
    That's been my experience with the email support, as well. I think they put me on their DNR list when I asked them if they were likely to get cut with the next round of layoffs. As VP of IT for my company, if I paid a group of support people to sit there and tell everyone to call the orther support people, they'd be on top of my list of potential budget savings.
    Peter Campbell * www.krazy.com