1.    #1  
    What's the quickest way to disable (temporarily) SMS on Treo 270?
    m00se
    Disable what? The ability to receive? If that's the case, it would depend on your service provider.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Appleman
    Disable what? The ability to receive? If that's the case, it would depend on your service provider.
    Thanks. What I'm looking for is a quick way to disable receiving SMS for a short time while I am the phone, for example, because it crashes my Treo (literally, I have to do a soft reset in a middle of the conversation). Is there a hack or an app that enables a person to do it?
    m00se
    Originally posted by m00se

Thanks. What I'm looking for is a quick way to disable receiving SMS for a short time while I am the phone, for example, because it crashes my Treo (literally, I have to do a soft reset in a middle of the conversation). Is there a hack or an app that enables a person to do it?
    m00se
    Must be something else that's causing your crash...check out the usual suspicious 3rd party apps: Ringo, HoHo, etc. I get SMS while I'm on the phone all the time with no probs.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks Alli! I will look into that. But meanwhile, do you know if there's such a hack that can disable/enable SMS with one stroke or two?
    m00se
    Originally posted by m00se
    Thanks Alli! I will look into that. But meanwhile, do you know if there's such a hack that can disable/enable SMS with one stroke or two?
    m00se
    Don't know of any hack or app but I was having the same problem and it turned out to be a corrupt SMS database.

I deleted all SMS's from Treo and deleted the SMS message database file on the PC, HOTSYNC'd (this creates a new SMS database file) and all ok.

Hope this helps.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by nzmoko

Don't know of any hack or app but I was having the same problem and it turned out to be a corrupt SMS database.

I deleted all SMS's from Treo and deleted the SMS message database file on the PC, HOTSYNC'd (this creates a new SMS database file) and all ok.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks! I'll follow suit
    m00se
    My SMS was not working for quite a while. It has a fatal alert whenever I touch it. I'd tried to install only the original software. It works but asd soon as either one app was installed, it crash the machine. How can I do the same thing to delete the SMS database? Please guide me clearly.
    Thanks.
    Anthony
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by anthonylam
    My SMS was not working for quite a while. It has a fatal alert whenever I touch it. I'd tried to install only the original software. It works but asd soon as either one app was installed, it crash the machine. How can I do the same thing to delete the SMS database? Please guide me clearly.
    Thanks.
    Anthony
    This link might help...m00se
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=31904