1.    #1  
    Hello,

I just downloaded Treo300sms and everything seems to be working fine except for two things:

1. When I try to send myself an sms by just entering my phone number (nine digits), I get two garbled messages that read something like this: No Caller ID // WDAAMCZvABLgJgABALC4Fzl3n7C2.... Does anyone know why this is hapening?

2. Also, when I try to send an sms message to my treo300 using my email address, I get a message saying "you have mail from (my number@messaging...) Check your Mail. Why does this happen instead of the message showing up? I've had my mail forwarded to the phone from the Sprint website-but I still get this message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. First of all, by sending yourself a short mail message you need to enter the entire phone number xxx-xxx-xxxx (10 digits).

2. If you send yourself an e-mail at number@sprintpcs.com, you are receiving a short mail alert that you have e-mail in your Sprint inbox. You need an e-mail client to retrieve the mail.
  3.    #3  
    maniac8888

I did use my 10 digit phone number-so I guess something is out of whack.

Regarding, your second answer, sent the mail to my sprintpcs email address, not the phone number, so do I still need an email client. If so, please recommend one for me.

Thanks for your help.
    Originally posted by CAMillion
    maniac8888

I did use my 10 digit phone number-so I guess something is out of whack.

Regarding, your second answer, sent the mail to my sprintpcs email address, not the phone number, so do I still need an email client. If so, please recommend one for me.

Thanks for your help.
    OK, first check that the short mail message you send to yourself is in fact in your short mail inbox on the Sprint site. If it is, it is most likely some issue with your Treo provisioning your your Treo. If the message is not in your short mail inbox (as was my case a few months ago), it is an indication you were inadvertantly switched to the 2G messaging servers (which isn't good). If this is the case you need to contact 2nd level support for re-provisioning. I had this problem and it took them a week to get it solved.

Regarding the second question...The Treo does not come with an e-mail client. I cannot recommend one for you because everyone's need are requirements are different. There are some lengthy threads on the Communications Software section that talk about the various clients in depth. Some good ones, IMO are SnapperMail, 2bA and BaseJet but there are many others.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks, Maniac8888-

You've been very helpful.

I get a copy of each message, whether it's sms or email, in my inbox at Sprint's website. Even when I send a message to my own phone number, it comes to my phone all garbled up but it's just the way I sent it in my Sprint inbox. So maybe it's not reprovisioning (which is good according to what you went through). Do I have to set up anything at sprint's website that involves sms messages that I may be overlooking?
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I think something screwey is going on with their "SMS"... short mail... i sent one from their site to my friends phone and it came up with a number that someone else sent it (someone else's phone #).. then when I went to compose another.. someone else's address book was in there!!! that happened twice.. with two different address books (short mail addresses that is)
    Originally posted by njchris
    I think something screwey is going on with their "SMS"... short mail... i sent one from their site to my friends phone and it came up with a number that someone else sent it (someone else's phone #).. then when I went to compose another.. someone else's address book was in there!!! that happened twice.. with two different address books (short mail addresses that is)
    This is yet another problem that has been going on for some time. I send SMS messages to my wife and often times it shows up with someone else's phone number. I don't know if that is good or bad.
  8.    #8  
    Despite my somewhat disparaging remarks about PDAapps, they turned out to be very helpful in helping me to resolve my sms issues. It appears that the problem was definitely Sprint, and not PDAapps, related. Although they did take some time to get back to me, the information they provided helped me to resolve the issues. My sms messaging was working fine for about 2-3 hours today-and then it went bizerk again (receiving messages from myself with a totally different phone number and then, not receiving any at all).

PDAapps has informed me that Sprint did a major overhaul of their messaging service over the weekend and there are major bugs that need to be worked out. We just have to try to be a little patient-so we don't go insane!!
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    THanks for the update, Camillion.. I just sent myself a few msgs tonight from the sprint site and I got a reply from someone I didn't send it to! and someone I don't even know!

I hope they(Sprint) get their act together.
    i've been havng problems too. i send messages from my phone to others and they receive them but when they respond, I never receive it. also when I send my self one from treo300sms (as just phone number or xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com) or the sprint website, I never receive those either. if I send it as an email from my email client, I get a notification but the message body is blank. sprint said they are migrating people to their new messaging server (is this the same problem as people being put back on 2g?) and that's the reason for the problems. really annoying because it was working fine for the last 5 months. nobody seems to be doing anything there. just the same old "trouble ticket" b.s. oh well.
    update: sprint reprovisioned phone, not just vision. it worked within minutes. i'm sure glad that all the other ignorant reps suggested that.
  12.    #12  
    The Manage part of Sprint's site was down for a good portion of the weekend and I suspected they were "fixing" some aspect of it-which was confirmed by PDAapps. My sms messaging seems to be working now (knock on wood) although it did take quite a while to receive a few messages yesterday evening. When my sms started working properly yesterday, I sent a message to myself and it came across with xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com on the caller id; now it comes across with my name on the caller id. I'm not sure if this is something they've upgraded b/c my number has always been programmed in the phone-so my name would've always showed up on the caller id.

I will let you know if I'm able to find out anything else or if mine starts acting-up again.
  13.    #13  
    My sms messaging is down again....when I send an sms to myself it comes back all garbled up....Sprint REALLY needs to get its act together-this is terrible!!