1.    #1  
    I'm a new 300 owner. When Vision is turns off automatically, what is the fastest method to turn it back on?
    Vision automatically turns on when you attempt to use the network. But that may take a few seconds if it has been bumped off, for whatever reason.

What you can do is set Vision to auto-connect whenever you turn wireless on. That setting is in Prefs-->Network-->menu(Options)-->Preferences.

At that point it depends on how you use the device. Sometimes you may leave wireless completely off until you need it. In that case, you can just hold down the on button and then wait maybe 20 seconds before you grab the Treo to use it.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by potatoho
    Vision automatically turns on when you attempt to use the network. But that may take a few seconds if it has been bumped off, for whatever reason.

What you can do is set Vision to auto-connect whenever you turn wireless on. That setting is in Prefs-->Network-->menu(Options)-->Preferences.

At that point it depends on how you use the device. Sometimes you may leave wireless completely off until you need it. In that case, you can just hold down the on button and then wait maybe 20 seconds before you grab the Treo to use it.
    Is there excess battery usage if Vision is always on while wireless is engaged?
    If you are keeping the phone on all the time, the additional impact of having the network connected is nominal, as is the ammount of traffic when not in a network aware application.

It is definately worth keeping Vision connected 24/7.
    -Druce
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Druce MacFarlane
    If you are keeping the phone on all the time, the additional impact of having the network connected is nominal, as is the ammount of traffic when not in a network aware application.

-Druce
    If not actually using Vision for extended periods while having it on, will Sprint notice and shut it down figuring infrequent usage taxes their network?
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Brandon1_99

If not actually using Vision for extended periods while having it on, will Sprint notice and shut it down figuring infrequent usage taxes their network?
    Your resuts will be vary. Some people have noticed that you will lose vision after a couple of hours others have said they do not have the problem. If you are using something like verichat you may never lose vision service.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    I used to have the "Automatically connect when wireless mode is switched on" checkbox enabled. I turned it off because after a couple hours, you do get disconnected, and it's a bit of a pain to make it realize that it's been disconnected. Now I just leave it off, and wait the 5 extra seconds when I need to, rather then 20 waiting for the thing to figure out what's going on.

Just my 0.02 of your local currency.
    Originally posted by Druce MacFarlane

-Druce
    If you're in an area with a low signal strength, keeping vision connected will actually use up quite a bit of your battery. I'd leave vision connected only when in areas with a great signal strength.