1.    #1  
    I have Palm Desktop installed on my computer. If I replace my computer with a newer model, I can install Palm Desktop on that too but how can I transfer the data I've fed into the Palm Desktop in the old computer to the Palm Desktop in the new computer ?

Normally the way to do this would be to sync my Palm handheld first with the old computer & then with the new computer but the problem is that my Palm handheld was stolen a couple of years ago.

If you're unable to suggest a solution to this, then can you suggest some other software (other than MS Outlook) that comes close to the features of Palm Desktop ?

I'll be really grateful if you could help me.
    It has been a while, but if memory serves, under c:\Program Files\PalmOne there was the directory of the sync name, try copying that from the old to the new, then relaunch palm desktop?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    It has been a while, but if memory serves, under c:\Program Files\PalmOne there was the directory of the sync name, try copying that from the old to the new, then relaunch palm desktop?
    Thanks for your reply, John. Will try what you've suggested. Hope it works
    Been a while since I've used it too... but I also believe you can export all of your data to a .csv file and then simply import that data on the new computer.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    That might not be the correct address for the files. You may have to search to see where your files are stored. Each of my PC's have had a different storage address (diff OSes, diff starting desktop versions).

If you are in Palm Desktop you can backup or export the data. This lets you choose where to put the files. The one catch is that you have to backup/export each part. So you have to do your calendar, addresses, todos, and memos separately. Then those 4 files can be imported.
    This won't transfer any apps or their data just your Palm Desktop data.