1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a headpiece that I can put on my ear and have no wire running to anything.

I found these on gadgetfreeks.com and they look like what I was thinking of.

http://gadgetfreeks.com/bluethead.html

I don't know which of these would work with the Treo 300 - and other than a general idea that bluetooth is a protocol for a transmitter / receiver spec I don't know anything about that.

The people on this board have been great at knowing all manner of stuff related to the Treo 300 - does anyone know which of these (if any) would work with the Treo 300....

Going to duplicate this post in Treo 300 too...

Thanks

Ron Vermillion
    The treo does not support bluetooth natively. So you cannot use a headset without any wires at all. Any headset designed for use with Nokia 3300/8000 series phones will work with the treo.
    The only ones that will work from you link list are the Plantronics for Nokia and the Jabra for Nokia.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    The treo does not support bluetooth natively. So you cannot use a headset without any wires at all. Any headset designed for use with Nokia 3300/8000 series phones will work with the treo.
    The only ones that will work from you link list are the Plantronics for Nokia and the Jabra for Nokia.
    Actually Jabra does make a wireless headset that will work with the 300. It is on the page that is linked above.

Do a search on freespeak. It seems users are having mixed results. For something that costs that much it should would perfectly IMHO.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    His question referred to a headset with no wires to anything and that's not possible with a treo! I wasn't very clear in how I wrote my reply but specifically told which ones will work with the treo!
    I own a free speak!
    Last edited by millerhifi; 01/24/2003 at 12:11 PM.
  5.    #5  
    I don't mind if there is a dongle that I have to attach to the phone. I was trying to get rid of the cord between my ear and the phone.

A earpiece that transmits to a gizmo that plugs into my phone is fine. In general I'm trying to dash mount the Treo 300 and wear an earpiece and go down the road without tangling up in a wire between me and the dash mounted phone.

I apprecaite the information.

Ron Vermillion
    Get the FreeSpeak, it's the best one out to date!
    Somebody reviewed a wireless one on a different forum http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...threadid=93315