1.    #1  
    i've had the freespeak for a week and i have mixed opinions about it. sometimes it sounds great but sometimes it sounds horrible. i notice that if the person on the other end is using a headset as well, it sounds terrible on the freespeak. (i spoke to a sprint cs rep at *2 and i just had to pull the headset off and just talk on the treo since it sounded so bad). it sounds very metallic and tinny, very ear piercing. ughhh.
    other times it's not so bad but i was talking to someone today and they said it sounded like i was playing with the phone and there was some crackling. nothing was touching the boom though, the freespeak was fully charged and the phone/multiadapter was right in front of me. i wondered what could be causing the interference...i wasn't near a tv or microwave, i was simply on my couch. again i ended up talking on the treo instead.

is unstable sound quality something i have to deal with on the freespeak? i have 3 weeks to make a decision...
    Originally posted by missbliss
    i've had the freespeak for a week and i have mixed opinions about it. sometimes it sounds great but sometimes it sounds horrible. i notice that if the person on the other end is using a headset as well, it sounds terrible on the freespeak. (i spoke to a sprint cs rep at *2 and i just had to pull the headset off and just talk on the treo since it sounded so bad). it sounds very metallic and tinny, very ear piercing. ughhh.
    other times it's not so bad but i was talking to someone today and they said it sounded like i was playing with the phone and there was some crackling. nothing was touching the boom though, the freespeak was fully charged and the phone/multiadapter was right in front of me. i wondered what could be causing the interference...i wasn't near a tv or microwave, i was simply on my couch. again i ended up talking on the treo instead.

is unstable sound quality something i have to deal with on the freespeak? i have 3 weeks to make a decision...
    For the price people are paying for this headset, I'd say return it unless it works flawlessly.

D.
    Originally posted by derek985

For the price people are paying for this headset, I'd say return it unless it works flawlessly.

D.
    I agree. If it's not perfect, especially for that price, return it. There are a whole bunch of bluetooth headsets coming out over the next few months. I just got my plantronics wired headset after testing out 7 others and am finally satisfied.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I'm now on my third headset from them. This one supposedly included a firmware update that was to resolve the echo and quality problems. From what I can tell, this one is just as bad as the other two. I will be returning it back to Jabra and ask them, once again, to ship me a replacement once they have a headset that actually works !

==========================================

Just an update, Jabra has, at least, stuck by their product. I'm returning my third replacement to them with a copy of the purchase receipt. They will be providing me a complete refund.

Oh well. Back to the ear bud and waiting for a better Bluetooth implementation...
    Last edited by KKenna; 01/31/2003 at 07:49 PM.
    Hi everyone,

I have the same problem. I'm on Jabra Headset number 2 and the sound quality is either okay or downright annoying. Need to call Jabra for replacement. Too bad since it's a great concept.

George
    I just got the freespeak. After some adjusting, I have it working pretty well. Here's what I found:

1) The volume on the TREO should be set to ZERO.
    2) The ECHO adjustment on the Jabra should be set to FULL VOLUME (3 beeps/flashes).
    3) The ear volume on the JABRA should be set HIGH.

This combo works GREAT for me. No echo. Good sound quality.

Hope this helps someone. This is my FIRST headset, too.
    Bob
    Originally posted by tlcbob
    I just got the freespeak. After some adjusting, I have it working pretty well. Here's what I found:

1) The volume on the TREO should be set to ZERO.
    2) The ECHO adjustment on the Jabra should be set to FULL VOLUME (3 beeps/flashes).
    3) The ear volume on the JABRA should be set HIGH.

This combo works GREAT for me. No echo. Good sound quality.

Hope this helps someone. This is my FIRST headset, too.
    3 beeps/flashes is the lowest volume. 1 beep is the highest volume and the default setting. Which setting works best for you?
    I'm on my third freespeak replacement in less than three weeks and the sound quality still sucks. Definitely not as rich as the ear bud. There's also a crackle even if the headpiece is a foot away from the adapter with no obstructions.

Do these FreeSpeak headsets really suck or have I just been unlucky? I really want this thing to work well.
    I'm on my first Freespeak ...... took some playing around with the settings but sound quality is very good on my unit .....