• 1 Post By habergowd
  • 1 Post By xandros9
  • 1 Post By floridarandy
  1.    #1  
    Check the attachment. It still works.
    Also a Palm keyboard.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    frantid likes this.
    I still got my working m505, digitizer started to fail a few years a go but it seems to have fixed itself...
    frantid likes this.
    My Palm Pilot still works. Only the pen slot has a crack in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    If you want OS4.1 for it, here it is
    this thread almost got me teary eyed.

i still remember getting the management team at my company to all buy Palm Pilot's to get away from paper calendars...and we thought we were techies...then upgraded to Palm III.

By Vx I'd even added a GPS "sled" that allowed me to work and after work to Geocache and play with maps. I probably had the Vx the longest. Never needed the wireless VII or VIIx.

Tungsten T2 and the, finally, playing a little with wifi with the Tungsten C. Still not much need for wireless.

THEN THINGS WENT CELL PHONE CRAZY...

That first Treo 600 was awesome....then had to have the 650...then had to have the 680. These were all awesome phones. I actually forgot how awesome it was to have the Palm Desktop and to sync phones so quickly. These were the best of the Palm Pilot and a phone all in one....and COLOR. In relative terms these probably were the biggest jump in productivity. And they were pretty solid built.

The Centro never offered much of an improvement so I skipped it. But then when word of the Pre came it was back to tech lust. Although it didn't do much more from a productivity standpoint I was probably as much in love with the techology of WebOS as I'd been with the very first Palm Pilot. From that point one its been marginal improvements on the road to sadness.

Still have my 2 Pre Plus'. Got the kids Pixi Plus's which they loved. One in college now still uses his Pixi Plus instead of his Ipod for music, even tho he now as a Pre2.

In addition to 2 new Pre Plus' in the drawer I know have 2 new Pre 2's (probably my favorite of the Pre line) and two Pre3's on the way. Back to sadness.

So this history takes me from, say, age 44 to now age 60. To young to die with Palm, Inc....but what to look foward to. I guess part of me roots for Open Source form the OS standpoint, but I'm not sure there will ever be the excitement of the marriage of cutting edge hardware and unique software in the same way.

But, you know, there may be folks who started with the Apple I and Apple II, who feel the same way from a technology standpoint. But...its never had the business/recreational one-two punch of my Palms.

Enough eulogizing....got to get ready for those Palm Pre 3's coming tomorrow. Hope springs eternal.

Randy in Florida
    frantid likes this.