Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By immovablesoup
  1.    #1  
    Here are the full contents of the Palm OS 4.1 update CD for III, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, V & Vx, as found on the hpwebos.com forums. The RAR file contains Palm Desktop 4.0.1, OS 4.1 flash tools for all the above devices and the complete set of add ons for OS 4.1, as well as all of the autorun and other files originally present on the upgrade CD.

Palm OS 4.1 upgrade CD image download

NB: You will need archiving software such as 7-Zip or WinRAR to view and extract the contents of the download.

Source: http://forums.hpwebos.com/t5/Support.../230351/page/2
    xandros9 likes this.
    Oh wow, I happen to have a folder in my archive with all those too.

(Sent your hardball btw)
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by immovablesoup View Post
    Here are the full contents of the Palm OS 4.1 update CD for III, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, V & Vx, as found on the hpwebos.com forums. The RAR file contains Palm Desktop 4.0.1, OS 4.1 flash tools for all the above devices and the complete set of add ons for OS 4.1, as well as all of the autorun and other files originally present on the upgrade CD.

Palm OS 4.1 upgrade CD image download

NB: You will need archiving software such as 7-Zip or WinRAR to view and extract the contents of the download.

Source: Other HP Products and Technologies - HP Support Forum
    well, since rapidshare went down - will anybody be so kind to reupload the file?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Seeker 2 View Post
    well, since rapidshare went down - will anybody be so kind to reupload the file?
    Maybe you can get it over here? (with a spare device...)
    Palm IIIc PDA with folding keyboard
    Not sure if this is accurate.

The Palm III and V series were limited to Palm OS 3.x.

Palm OS 4.x was introduced with the M500 series, i705, etc.

Subsequent versions of Palm Desktop were always compatible with older devices, though.
    Treo 180... Max 3.5 I think.

I used Palm desktop 6 or whatever with it, but ended up with 4.1.4e. I think this because of what was synced.

I think the apps were slightly different. I guess later version could handle music, picture & video files (in colour!), so while it might work... I think it was maybe the expense app that was dropped. Calendar and contacts might be OK, though there was vcal v1 (vcs files). V2 is basically ical / ics, but I've no idea if this was updated or if it would affect hotsync.
    WyreNut on the HP forums posted this link for 4.1 from Aceeca (maker of PalmOS industrial devices).
    Palm/Garnet Desktop for Windows PC - Downloads - Aceeca.com
    I believe the archive in my signature contains the relevant things.
    por favor, podes actulizar el link, esta caido y lo necesito con urgencia
    Quote Originally Posted by leoncio4 View Post
    por favor, podes actulizar el link, esta caido y lo necesito con urgencia
    Busca aqui

https://copy.com/N7Emoe8MVdPQvvYP

"Updates, Drivers, and Other Official Bits" > "OS 4.1 Upgrade for III,IIIx,IIIxe,IIIc,V,Vx" > ...
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Seem that the link to copy DOT com is dead too...

Can someone (re-)upload the Update CD-Rom again? I really want to try SuperMemo MapleTop Software on my "New" / Old Palm IIIc which got delivered yesterday, it arrived still in its original packaging. It has Palm OS 3.5.3. (in German) on it, I need 4.0 (or 4.1) for SuperMemo 2.0 to run.

Anyone out there that still has a copy? Or someone with other idears about flashing roms that are OS 4.1 to the palm etc. as a alternative strategy? I know that I am a little late to the party, most of the links on the net are very old (8 to 12 years, i figure after my google marathon for a lone OS 4.0/1. iso) and rarely point so something thats still "alive".
    I came here from Google, also looking for the update for my WorkPad C3 (I'm reviving my old collection of Palms and PPCs). There's actually a Mega link in xandros9's signature, which can be seen just above your message. It's a clickable link called "My Palm OS Archive". This contains the necessary files you'll need to upgrade your Palm's ROM, and many more files that will help you make great use of your Palm. Thanks xandros9, I needed the contents of that archive badly! Also, it's great to see other people are still into the PDA scene, despite it being so old.

Congratulations on your Palm iiic btw! I have a couple but they're both completely dead, so I ordered a near-new one on eBay a week or so ago and I'm waiting for it to arrive. Can't wait! Hope your "new"/old iiic brings you many years of happiness!
    Thanks for the advice,
    xandros9's archive is filled with some really great stuff!