1.    #1  
    I bought the Treo 180 for the $99 T-Mobile deal; I can send SMS, but it won't receive SMS (other than the first SMS messge it received to get it's start code). Anyone else have this problem?
    The T-Mobile site also says it doesn't recognize my phone number (working on that). Other than that it works fine (phone, Internet).
    Thanks.
    T-Mobile should be able to sort it out.

In my SMS application > Options > Preferences

I have

message center number +12063130004

SMS email center number = 500

Try these and see if that fixes the problem.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, I have those same settings, thanks.
    Since it is a new Treo, T-Mobile has to go through their setup to get you into the system. I was not able to log into the site for 5 days after purchasing.

Your SMS should work once you call and have them do a test. It is a pain, but SMS is awesome on the Treo.

Good luck,

Scott
    www.PDAPROS.com
  5.    #5  
    I have to disagree, and say that SMS on my Sprint/Treo 300 is NOT AT ALL AWESOME. In fact, it sucks. No one gets my SMS messages I send anymore, maybe about 5% go through. Apparently I guess Sprint is having problems, it is pathetic. My friends who have Treos with other carriers (not Sprint) have no problem with SMS.
    Originally posted by rvach
    I have to disagree, and say that SMS on my Sprint/Treo 300 is NOT AT ALL AWESOME. In fact, it sucks. No one gets my SMS messages I send anymore, maybe about 5% go through. Apparently I guess Sprint is having problems, it is pathetic. My friends who have Treos with other carriers (not Sprint) have no problem with SMS.
    SMS is awsome on the Treo 180 and 270 with a GSM carrier.

SMS S**ks with Sprint. You need to upgrade to TreoSMS from PDA apps to get it to work correctly.

The problem is Sprint and their network.
    I had the same problems when I first got my 180 on T-Mobile. But, once I was 'setup' correctly, I am now an SMS-fiend

Only problem is getting my keyboard-less friends to SMS back and forth is a bigger challenge