1.    #1  
    I have been using SMS to notify me of received emails.

Most of the time it works well.

Sometimes, when I receive an SMS with the phone on, but display off, I may not acknowledge the SMS.

Sometimes the phone will have crashed with the display all white requiring a reset.

Has anyone else had similar problems?
    I've had the same issue, apparently on the second or third unacknowledged
    SMS message.

And then, when you do the reset,
    the Treo doesn't automatically
    reenable wireless mode.

- Saul
  3.    #3  
    Has anyone else had the 3 unanswered SMS crash of the TREO? If so, is there a fix?
    Is this the built-in SMS application ? I've gotten lots of SMS's in my day (ahem), but I've never seen this crash.

- m
    Have you tried TreoAlrt so you don't miss the messages. Not a fix, but it'll help
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by mblank
    Is this the built-in SMS application ? I've gotten lots of SMS's in my day (ahem), but I've never seen this crash.

- m
    Yes, the built in application, TREOSMS is NOT installed.
    What app are you "in" when it crashes (i.e. what app would be on if you tapped the power button)?
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by mblank
    What app are you "in" when it crashes (i.e. what app would be on if you tapped the power button)?
    That is a very good question. I really don't know. I could Eudora. Either way, the screen is off.
    The reason I ask is that the current app will get woken up when an SMS message appears. I know that, from time to time, certain apps have crashed when SMS messages appeared, so I wondered which it was. If it's reproducable (i.e. you can send yourself three messages and it crashes), you might try figuring out whether this happens only when certain apps are running (albeit asleep).

- m