1.    #1  
    I've returned my Treo 180 and am now living very happily with my 300. I've noticed that when I have the 300 in the cradle, the screen comes on every 2 to 3 minutes, for about 30 seconds, then goes off.

The only application I have loaded is SnapperMail but changing settings with it doesn't seem to affect anything (I have it set to check for mail every 15 minutes anyway).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John
    This happens to me on my desk at work. It happens to be a weak signal area and the screen comes on when the phone loses and then regains a usable Sprint signal. It stays on for 30 sec and then goes off until the next time the signal is lost.
  3.    #3  
    Hmm. Odd. I do only have two bars.

Do you think it's safe to assume that if I didn't have the 300 charging when this happens that this behaviour would drain the battery faster than normal?
    Anything that turns on the screen would drain the battery faster.

I remember another way that the screen turned on. I have BigClock instaled and a couple of times, it has gone weird so that every minute change in the clock led to the screen coming on. A soft reset fixed this problem.
    Do you have an SMS in the pending box?

There have been various threads stating that if so the Treo will turn on every couple of mins.

If so - delete it and your problem should be solved.

good luck - Raphael