1.    #1  
    Just visit http://www.geocities.com/tejedor_es/treo and download palmmididesktop.zip Read the html first inside the zip file.
    hi, works great, any ideas where i can get free SMF midi files?

p.s i annoy everyone with pinky and the brain now
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by bluecube
    hi, works great, any ideas where i can get free SMF midi files?

p.s i annoy everyone with pinky and the brain now
    I got mine cheating the preview option in some ringtone selling webs... don't do it at TreoCentral... since is not working any longer.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by tejedor

I got mine cheating the preview option in some ringtone selling webs... don't do it at TreoCentral... since is not working any longer.
    http://www.ringtones-24.com/index1.htm and check your Internet Explorer cache for .mid files after doing a preview.

Any one? Is this legal? Barely legal? Clearly ilegal?

Is my Internet Explorer cache mine?
    free midi files are all over the web

and i would think that using your cached versions of ringtone previews is specifically illegal since someone was selling them as ringtones.

there is no real reason not to make them 'legally' since the tools are all over the web (see other threads at this site for complete instructions)

note that here at treocentral, they take copyright stuff seriously, and pay BMI and ASCAP for each ringtone download
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by aarons12
    note that here at treocentral, they take copyright stuff seriously, and pay BMI and ASCAP for each ringtone download
    I don't agree. Let say someone has images in their web pages and you get them from your cache and setup that images as wallpaper, where is the ilegal stuff there? Same with the music then.
    Originally posted by tejedor

I don't agree. Let say someone has images in their web pages and you get them from your cache and setup that images as wallpaper, where is the ilegal stuff there? Same with the music then.
    i think it depends on what's in the image, or the music. if the beatles (sorry, age showing) write a song and somebody makes it into a midi file without permission and you get it out of your cache, has it now become public property? sorry, but its still the property of michael jackson (you had to know there was a punchline there somewhere)

same for pictures. the fact that someone might have used artwork without permission (or with, for that matter) and a copy of it now is in your cache, that does not either confer ownership or use rights to you nor put it in the public domain.

please don't think i'm trying to be a wet blanket or something. believe me, nobody used napster more than me. but that did not make it legal. actual use and what is within the law are 2 quite different things, and your internet cache does not change that.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.