1.    #1  
    I got a program to generate Treo ringtones from .MID files.

All you need to do is access http://www.geocities.com/tejedor_es/treo and you will find there some files:

hstreo270.zip is a Treo emulator 100% working based on POSE
    miditones.zip are many .MID files ready to import into Treo
    original_system_ring_tones.zip is the System_Ring_Tones file for 270 just in case you break it.
    super_system_ring_tones.zip is the System_Ring_Tones file with all the .MID files inserted all you need to do is install it as Add-on. Please make Treo backup first.
    palmmididesktop.zip is the java program to work with the contents of System_Ring_Tones file. Read the included HTML for instructions.

I hope this is welcome including by TreoCentral people since they sell ringtones and this program really cut their business.

Best Regards,
    Javier
  2.    #2  
    Did someone download and used the program?

I have no counter in the page so I don't know if someone found it useful.

Thank you in advance.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    I downloaded and used some of your ringtones. Thanks. Now my kids like the Tequila Ring for my phone and Simpsons Theme for SMS.

Great Job!
    Originally posted by tejedor
    I got a program to generate Treo ringtones from .MID files.

All you need to do is access http://www.geocities.com/tejedor_es/treo and you will find there some files:

hstreo270.zip is a Treo emulator 100% working based on POSE

Best Regards,
    Javier
    Did you receive permission from Handspring to post that file with the embedded ROM? Last time I checked, it was against all the license agreements to redistribute the ROMs or the bound emulators (there has been lots of discussions on bound emulators on the developer lists).

Please take down this file as it could jeopardize developers getting access to the ROM files in the future.
  5.    #5  
    I'm not aware if the emulator contains the real ROM file or if contains an emulated ROM... so?
    I'm not aware if the emulator contains the real ROM file or if contains an emulated ROM... so?
    There is no such thing as an emulated ROM. The emulator (POSE) ships with no ROM. You must obtain a ROM file from an actual device (whereby you're bound by the license agreement that came with the device) or you obtained the ROM from Handspring/PalmSource, in which case you're bound by their agreement.

The file you posted is a "bound" POSE with a Treo 270 ROM. It contains an actual ROM file.

If you'd like to disagree with me, that's fine. I just don't want to risk developers losing access to the ROM because someone posted it without permission.
    how do you change the sms alert?
  8.    #8  
    Listen I found the emulator some where in the web. Then I uploaded it to my web page. That's all. So I had not idea of how was working. Now I have it. So I will remove it ASAP.

I was unsure about that emulator being POSE since I tried to emulate the Treo 270 first using POSE without success because I couldn't download the ROM from my Treo using the USB cable. Then I asked Handspring for the ROM without any answer for 3 months... So I find perfectly right using that emulator for my own testing since Handspring didn't like to provide my with the real ROM.

Anyway don't worry I will delete the emulation from my web page but for sure I will sent it thru email to whoever ask for it to me because I assume they got the same problem. Why on earth the ROM can't be download using USB? I follow instructions saying that it was possible but whatever the reason my usb driver in Windows XP is not recognized by POSE.
    Listen I found the emulator some where in the web. Then I uploaded it to my web page. That's all. So I had not idea of how was working. Now I have it. So I will remove it ASAP.

I was unsure about that emulator being POSE since I tried to emulate the Treo 270 first using POSE without success because I couldn't download the ROM from my Treo using the USB cable. Then I asked Handspring for the ROM without any answer for 3 months... So I find perfectly right using that emulator for my own testing since Handspring didn't like to provide my with the real ROM.

Anyway don't worry I will delete the emulation from my web page but for sure I will sent it thru email to whoever ask for it to me because I assume they got the same problem. Why on earth the ROM can't be download using USB? I follow instructions saying that it was possible but whatever the reason my usb driver in Windows XP is not recognized by POSE.
    Thank you for taking it down. If you are a member of the PalmSource developer program (which is free), you can download the ROM from them (after you agree to the license).

The limitation on downloading the ROM via USB is in POSE, I believe, and has nothing to do with the Treo. I don't believe that this is high on the priority list for POSE as most ROMs are available to developers to sign (or click) the license agreements.
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by sgruby

Thank you for taking it down. If you are a member of the PalmSource developer program (which is free), you can download the ROM from them (after you agree to the license).

I'm a member and I asked for it without success. They ask to send a fax what I did and 3 months later... nothing.

And they are very clear saying that if they don't answer within the time that's means your applications was denied.

I don't care. I test the software with the Treo itself until I found the emulator.

And... yes I just remove it.

I'm a member and I asked for it without success. They ask to send a fax what I did and 3 months later... nothing.

And they are very clear saying that if they don't answer within the time that's means your applications was denied.

I don't care. I test the software with the Treo itself until I found the emulator.

And... yes I just remove it.
    I myself need the ROM for the Treo 270, I had deleted some stuff from my ROM which I need to put back in and that si why I need the ROM. Also I would like to be able to test out stuff on my computer without having to install stuff on my Treo. I have tried with Handspring and even signed up (clicked up) with Palm Source, but it has been over 3 months and I still have not heard from them or received any applications which are required before they convert my membership to where I can have access to the ROMs. I really think it is unreasonable of Handspring or Palm Source to deny me the ROM for my Treo 270.
    Anyway don't worry I will delete the emulation from my web page but for sure I will sent it thru email to whoever ask for it to me because I assume they got the same problem.
    I would certainly appreciate a copy of the ROM for Treo 270, since I have lost my backup of the same which I had made when I deleted stuff from my Treo and I need to restore the ROM.

Thanks,
    Sanjay