1.    #1  
    I like what TreoAlertManager does by constantly sending a reminder tone when you have an SMS message instead of the default one tone and in case you didn't hear it then you missed it until you happen to open the flip top of the Treo. The only problem is I want to be able to turn this piece of software off in the evenings. I don't want the SMS tone going every 3 minutes at 2am in the morning - anyone have any suggestions or other programs that will work?
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    I have a solution. I use "Treobutton" and assign "TreoALertMgr" to one of the hotkeys. I hit one button to pull up "T.A.L." and voila, it's off in seconds!!!
  3.    #3  
    Doesn't solve my problem of it ringing all nighth while I'm in the other room. PDAApps says that they will be coming out with an update soon that will allow you to setup a time frame for the alerts to operate in. Thanks for your suggestion though.
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    Originally posted by dgreensp
    Doesn't solve my problem of it ringing all nighth while I'm in the other room. PDAApps says that they will be coming out with an update soon that will allow you to setup a time frame for the alerts to operate in. Thanks for your suggestion though.
    Just turn it off dude! Most cellphones have a quick on, off ringer. It's the same thing with Treo Alert Mgr. (if you use Treobutton) You could turn it off with one key (like most of us do with the phone anyway). Oh well, I guess I'd prefer the updated TAL as well. Cheers.
    Yes in the night its always a problem with ringing cellphones. Why you don't use TreoTools or Strech to turn off the mobile in the evening?
    I agree. It would be VERY nice if we can set the timeframe for TreoAlertMgr to be active. I currently just turn off my phone, but that is not the ideal solution because I don't want to miss an important call. I don't mind missing a SMS message in the middle of the night.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    What I would like even more than the scheduling ability is to be able to change the alert tone. Why does it have to be hard-wired to use the built-in alarm tone? I'd like to be able to choose the tone. Maybe the volume too. Please!
    Allows you to change SMS tones, according to default plus 9 additional configurable triggers, on your Sprint Treo 300.

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/treohelper.html

Since we use SMS alerts for critical system outages, mine is the most annoying noisy tone I can find.
    I can't find TreoAlertManager - where is it at?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    kewl.. thanx... Turns out i was searching for "TreoAlertManager" instead of "TreoAlertMgr"
    Originally posted by skidoo
    What I would like even more than the scheduling ability is to be able to change the alert tone. Why does it have to be hard-wired to use the built-in alarm tone? I'd like to be able to choose the tone. Maybe the volume too. Please!
    You can change the TreoAlertMgr tones with the latest release from PDAapps.
    Out of 8 posts on the board so far, 6 are exactly the same.....promoting treohelper.

Allows you to change SMS tones, according to default plus 9 additional configurable triggers, on your Sprint Treo 300.

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/treohelper.html

Since we use SMS alerts for critical system outages, mine is the most annoying noisy tone I can find.

Are you potatoho in disguise?? What is the deal?
    Originally posted by Appleman
    Are you potatoho in disguise?? What is the deal?
    Twasn't mua.

People excited about beta software I guess.
    Nope, i came to the boards searching for an answer to the question, "how can i change the tones for SMS alerts on my Sprint Treo 300?".

Instead of just posting it, I did what everyone should do - but few actually do - I *searched* first.

I found numerous posts of the question, where many people responded, "Nope, can't be done."

Then I found a post specifically stating that xyz sofware (in this case TreoHelper) does exactly what everyone said "can't be done".

I downloaded, tested, verified that it works, and returned to the boards to assist those people who had asked the same question (but never searched) and been *MISLED* by others (who apparently didn't search either).

Forgive me... I have a serious pet peeve about people who ask questions that could have been answered after a simple search... and an even more serious pet peeve about people who claim to know something about which they actually know nothing.

OH, and by the way - my error - TreoHelper has only 8 additional configurable triggers (other than "default")
    Appleman - just noticed your avatar... very curious you happen to use a picture of the *SEARCH FUNCTION*!!!
    Originally posted by bryan.jones

Forgive me... I have a serious pet peeve about people who ask questions that could have been answered after a simple search...
    Hmmm, I think I might agree with you there, but I am not quite sure

Originally posted by bryan.jones
    and an even more serious pet peeve about people who claim to know something about which they actually know nothing.
    To be fair, Treohelper has only been readily available for a very short time. Some people might not be aware of it yet.

Welcome to the boards!
    Well, to be fair, I just released the beta like a few days ago. And it's not the sole purpose of TH to do the SMS sounds, that's just something I added recently so it was in like maybe one thread or so.

Ahaha, AppleMan said the same thing. Are you me in disguise?? What's the deal?

To be fair, Treohelper has only been readily available for a very short time. Some people might not be aware of it yet.

I suspected that - since it's still in beta... That is why, when I realized that it actually does what all those people were asking for, I posted to those threads to assist them as a "public service".

You'll note that I didn't say anything in those threads like, "why didn't you search for the answer - it's right here!"

Sure... after typing the first one, I cut and pasted into the others in order to save myself keystrokes.

Welcome to the boards!

Thank you! I'm looking forward to learning about all the things my Treo can do that Sprint claims to have no knowledge about whatsoever (pretty much the typical Sprint support methodology)... and Handspring won't support me cuz they handed it off to Sprint!

I've been a palm owner for years... last night I even dusted off my old PalmIIIx (had to open it up and tighten up the display cable - it had worked loose) to download and transfer into the Treo. Now maybe I'll give it to my wife to use... although her first question about the PalmIIIx was, "Can I get to eBay with it??" (cuz I showed her the wireless web on the Treo - big mistake on my part!!).