1.    #1  
    Is anyone out there using the RadioShack DigiTraveler with the cable from Purple Data Cables? Just wondering how it worked and what the battery life was like.
  2.    #2  
    Followup:

I spoke to RadioShack and the Treo is not supported using the DigiTraveler. Shame.

If anyone knows of any solution for GPS and the 270, I would love to know.
    Ditto but Treo 300 for me!
    I haven't tried this yet, but I would imagine that if you have a serial cable for your GPS and a serial cable for your Treo, you should be able to put a null modem adapter in the middle and be able to hook up the two.

I can't imagine why this wouldn't work (I did a similar thing with a PocketPC), but like I said, I haven't tried it so I don't know if it would or not. A gender changer might also be needed, depending on the connectors on the null modem adapter.

- Mike
  5.    #5  
    What I was told is that the keyboard on the Treo takes up the comm port so you cannot use the serial link as you normally would.
    Originally posted by GEMicher
    What I was told is that the keyboard on the Treo takes up the comm port so you cannot use the serial link as you normally would.
    I don't think you were told correctly. I use the Treo, with a serial cable, to configure routers and switches and yes, the keyboard is fully functional in this setup.

What I have read, on Handspring's website, is that you can't be in a phone call and use the serial port at the same time. However, I haven't tested this either way.