1.    #1  
    I downloaded AOL Instant Messanger, used it without a problem and then I downloaded Backdrop. I then installed the trap weaver application that was needed to run Backdrop. I got a data manager error that would not go away until I deleted backdrop and trap weaver, hard reset and deleted the backup of the apps....
  2.    #2  
    Backdrop GC 2.05 to be more specifie
  3.    #3  
    I also had to delete AOL IM , now I cant download it and run it without getting the error
    Originally posted by haysj
    I downloaded AOL Instant Messanger, used it without a problem and then I downloaded Backdrop. I then installed the trap weaver application that was needed to run Backdrop. I got a data manager error that would not go away until I deleted backdrop and trap weaver, hard reset and deleted the backup of the apps....
    Dear Haysj,

If I knew the answer I would surely provide it here. But, since I don't, may I make a friendly suggestion?

1) When you create a new topic, put a meaningful title on it that will draw the attention of people in the know who may be able to help.

"has this happened to anyone else"

is hardly a descriptive title for your problem. Perhaps something like:

"Problems w/AIM;Backdrop & Trap Weaver!"

might be more likely to get the attention of those who might know the answer. People don't necessarily read every post every day, but instead many simply pick out ones with titles which catch their interest or attention.

2) Frankly, even after reading the text of your question, it is not clear what has happened to you, and what needs to be fixed or corrected. This might simply be due to the fact that I am not familiar with these apps, however. Maybe someone more familiar would understand what your situation is but, then again, maybe not. Try to be more specific in describing your problem.

Hope you get help!

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    everytime i click the aim icon, treo goes into looping reset.

thanks,

Grant