Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Hi.

My Treo seems unable to get past the "connected... negotiating" stage of sending e-mail. Receiving mail is no problem. This leads me to believe that it has nothing to do with my ISP, right? I have not changed any settings and I was until recently able to send mail....

Any thoughts?

Is this part of whatever network/server problems that I read about when I searched for assistance on this issue?

TIA.
    -MG
    You are probably going through the Sprintpcs SMTP servers. Read some of the other posts on this topic. Sprint is having a problem with some servers and routers that are directing outbound email. Some people have been down for over a week. It hopefully will be resolved soon since some people are just getting their service back.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    well.... actually, I'm not. I'm using my ISP's SMTP, not Sprint's.
    Ahh, ok. Can you connect to your ISP from a desktop computer? If you have no problem sending or receiving mail via the desktop, then maybe something corrupted your app. Perhaps deleting and reloading the app, and re-entering your ISP POP/SMTP information might be worth a try.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Yes, I can send mail via my desktop PC. I appreciate your input, but it appears that the Eudora Mail program is working properly.

It seems like it is a network type of issue because I don't get to "logging in", it just sits on Negotiating...

Any other thoughts??