1.    #1  
    My office computer uses windows NT, and my home computer is a mac (OS 9). I want to export my datebook and email it to myself so I can import it on my mac at home since that is where i do my hot synch. The problem is that when I go to open the file (a .dba file) on my mac by using "import" in the datebook, it won't let me do it, it says it must be a .csv, .tab, or Vcal inorder to import it. The problem is, I can't figure out how to export it from my work computer as a .csv, or one of the other files, it doesn't give me the option in "export" in datebook. The only option is .dba. Or, alternatively, if there is a way I could get my mac computer at home to recognize the .dba file created on a windows machine. Any suggestions???
    ??? Why don't you just sync your treo with your work computer, go home, and then sync the treo with the mac using the same user name? I have both a WinXP desktop and a Mac laptop that I sync with back and forth. I've never had a problem with this method.
  3.    #3  
    Problem is, it's windows NT at work and NT doesn't support USB, so I don't want to buy a separate cable. And, I am not at my office every day, so I was hoping my secretary could email me the updated date book everyday and I could hot-synch at home. But the email attachments don't work on my mac. I know I'll figure something out, but help!
    Originally posted by disan001
    My office computer uses windows NT, and my home computer is a mac (OS 9). I want to export my datebook and email it to myself so I can import it on my mac at home since that is where i do my hot synch. The problem is that when I go to open the file (a .dba file) on my mac by using "import" in the datebook, it won't let me do it, it says it must be a .csv, .tab, or Vcal inorder to import it. The problem is, I can't figure out how to export it from my work computer as a .csv, or one of the other files, it doesn't give me the option in "export" in datebook. The only option is .dba. Or, alternatively, if there is a way I could get my mac computer at home to recognize the .dba file created on a windows machine. Any suggestions???
    Why don't you open up the exported .dba file in Word on the Mac and see what it looks like and what the delimiters are.

It can probably be massaged with some global search-and-replace so that it is suitable for import. I've been converting strange formats for years and haven't found one yet that can't be "trained' to behave.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Originally posted by disan001
    Problem is, it's windows NT at work and NT doesn't support USB, so I don't want to buy a separate cable. And, I am not at my office every day, so I was hoping my secretary could email me the updated date book everyday and I could hot-synch at home. But the email attachments don't work on my mac. I know I'll figure something out, but help!

This website may help you:

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~zben/palm/dates.html

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!