1.    #1  
    After being on the fence for months after I got an iPod, I am going to take the plunge into the world of Macs. I couldn't resist the new 17" Powerbooks! What I am looking for from Treo300-Mac users is advice on doing this.

1) Do you just use Palm Desktop for your PIM? I ordered the Office Mac v.x as well which has Entourage - does that sync with the Treo?

2) I am guessing WirelessModem is going to work much better since I can use the USB connection.

3) How does Docs to Go in Mac work? I've got it in the PC version now.

Any other advise is welcome. Thanks.
    If you are considering switching, I woiuld definately consider starter machine like an older tibook or ibook. This way you can try out the os and see what you think.

I recently half-switched and ended up deciding that while I love the integration of the OS on a laptop, I couldn't take the slower/less compatible browsing and slower hardware. I ended up deciding to get a TiBook for my laptop but kept my super speedy 2..6 P4 for my desktop.

Have to admit that I love both, if only apple could get a GREAT browser and some faster chips.
    Re: No. 1: Yes, Microsoft has a Palm conduit availiable for Entourage. It won't sync your e-mail, but I personally don't care, since I prefer to grab it on the Treo anyway.

To JakePratt... Have you tried Safari or Chimera? They have slightly different feature sets - Safari is much faster and has some neat ideas with navigation and bookmarks handling, whereas Chimera has more features and slightly better rendering but isn't quite as fast. If you haven't tried either of them, I highly reccomend you give them both a spin.
    Originally posted by luvmytreo
    After being on the fence for months after I got an iPod, I am going to take the plunge into the world of Macs. I couldn't resist the new 17" Powerbooks! What I am looking for from Treo300-Mac users is advice on doing this.

1) Do you just use Palm Desktop for your PIM? I ordered the Office Mac v.x as well which has Entourage - does that sync with the Treo?

2) I am guessing WirelessModem is going to work much better since I can use the USB connection.

3) How does Docs to Go in Mac work? I've got it in the PC version now.

Any other advise is welcome. Thanks.
    I am a Mac user and I used to use Now Up-to-Date but find the current version of Palm Desktop v. 4.0 to be excellent and it's free! It's rock solid. But be sure to get the one with the installer from the Handspring website, not the version from the Palm website. The USB setup with my Treo is very reliable - never have to do a disconnect/connect as I had to with my old Palm IIIc and the earlier version of PDT/HotSync.

In addition, I know it's silly - but my Treo 300 starts up with the Aqua Apple - see Tech Sounds & Screens at http://www.ecamm.com/

I get comments like "I thought Jobs said he wasn't going to make a Palm pda?"

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    I just returned from MacWorld in SF and had a chance to play with the 17" PowerBook and it is Super Fast! I just ordered the 12.1" I need the smaller size.

I've been Entourage for awhile now and it sync's very well with the Treo. MS Office X is a nice package. But I'm in the process of changing to Apple Mail, iCal, AddressBook and iSync. All these apps work together including Safari the new web browser and your iPod. You can share Calendars in iCal with others (http://www.icalshare.com) also if you have a .mac account iSync will not only sync your AddressBook to your Treo and PowerBook but it will also sync to your .mac account on the web. There's many other features and reasons to go this route. And don't forget your new PowerBook will have built-in BlueTooth. Maybe the next Treo will too.

WirelessModem works Great with my iBook now and I'm sure it will with the PowerBook. I used it when traveling to SF, and it was pretty fast.
    I've been toying with the idea of switching from Entourage to Mail/iCal/Address Book, but there's one main thing that's turning me off... there's no iNotes application. I use the note pad (actually CryptoPad, but same difference) on my Treo quite extensively, and not having the notes with iSync is quite a turn-off for me. I might write one my own simple application for that sometime, but at the moment I'm too busy with other projects. I'm hoping Apple will step up to the bat, but it doesn't seem likely at this point.

In the meantime, anybody else know of one? This is probally deserving of it's own topic in itself, but as long as I'm on the subject...
    Oh the joy of opening the box of a new Mac! I wish I was in your shoes right now. I would get the 12" TiBook myself. In regard to the use of the mac and the Treo, I say go for it. I use Docs To Go on my ibook and it works flawlessly.
    Please do switch. My Apple stocks are hurting.
    rufo, download and try WordSmith. That's what I use. I know it's not the same as just having notes, but not enough to keep me from all of the other features of iSync. I'm sure Apple will add notes to iCal, if not someone will write a app. Next time you open iCal go to the "Provide iCal Feedback" in the iCal pull down menu and make your request.