1.    #1  
    I'm getting tired of waiting for someone to support ICQ in a piece of software like Verichat. Verichat only does Yahoo, AIM and MSN and Chatter is only for Treo 300. I have a Treo 270 - somebody please design software to support us ICQ users that works like Verichat or please Verichat release the update that allows us to access ICQ.

Tired of Waiting Patiently!
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    It hasn't been updated for a few years but still works fairly well on the Treo. Just remember to log off before exiting the program. And don't delete the last group header - if you don't know what I am talking about no matter, if you do, don't delete the last group name or you render the Palm ICQ no. useless.
  3.    #3  
    The problem with ICQ for Palm is that you don't get messages from your contacts while you are not in the program like you do in verichat through SMS - this is very useful. I don't want to always be in the ICQ for Palm program.
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    Actually, I have been using ICQ on VeriChat v1.04. All you need to do is put in your ICQ particulars instead of AIM particulars, and it logs you in. The only problem here is that the contact list is just numbers. There contact information doesn't show up, but still if you can remember numbers it is the best ICQ client that I have used.

-Pete
    It was mentioned above that when using icq you need to:

" Just remember to log off before exiting the program. "

What are the consequence of not logging of? I have installled ICQ on my treo several times but eventually run into the error reported in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=29133

and I have to uninstall it.

Michael
  6.    #6  
    Pete - thank you for the suggestion - I will go and try it out!
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    I have installled ICQ on my treo several times but eventually run into the error reported in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/t...&threadid=29133

and I have to uninstall it.
    Me too. It took me about a month of frustration and lack of confidence in the Treo before I finally figured out that ICQ was the problem. I finally decided it wasn't worth it and permanently removed ICQ. I haven't had a glitch since.
    I'm pretty sure Chatter will support the Treo 270 within the next few weeks. Perhaps earlier.

- m
    Regarding the ICQ problems, I just came across this on PalmGear:

ICQ Repair
    If you don't log off before exiting the ICQ, sometimes the Treo hangs and rebooting requires a warm reset followed by the need to delete the preferences of the ICQ program. There are many ways to do this but probably best left to the more advanced users. The easier way is to use the ICQ repair program described above.

ICQ for the Treo works well and is stable. In fact it is one of the recommended 3rd party programs for the Tungsten W in the Palm homepage.

Just remember it can't work in the background so you have to log off before exiting it or you might run into problems later.