1.    #1  
    Anyone know how to transfer all the entries in my SMS Book to my contact list in my treo 270 ? Thanks, Gerry
    Originally posted by Consul
    Anyone know how to transfer all the entries in my SMS Book to my contact list in my treo 270 ? Thanks, Gerry
    Not sure I follow. I'm presuming you want to transfer all of the contacts on your SIM to your 270 contacts?

If this is what you want to do, you will need a PC app compatible with your phone (lots around for Nokia, Siemens etc.).

Once you have all your contacts in your PC phone app, export them as .CSV and then import them into Palm Desktop and then Hotsync.

Long-winded - if this is actually what you want to achieve.

Hope this helps.
    I am trying out the Treo 180 on trial and am mostly thrilled. My biggest issue is SIM management. My SIM is highly utilized and I need all 150 directory numbers available to me at an instant. As far as I can tell, my issues are:

1) You can only load 50 numbers from your SIM into your phone book due to quick dial space limitation,

2) SIM access is slow (30 seconds to load), and

3) The SIM numbers are not temporarily copied anywhere in memory for use, so, you need to reload the SIM ap everytime.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make more SIM numbers available and how to have instant access.

Thanks
    LeeG
    Originally posted by lgoldylox

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make more SIM numbers available and how to have instant access.
    Why don't you transfer all of your SIM contacts to the Treo phonebook? That is what it is intended for and you can have thousands of contacts there.

As far as I know, there is no 'seamless' way to transfer the contents of a SIM to the Treo phonebook (yeah, the SIM management really sucks).

What I did was use a third party app for my Siemens, which I installed on my PC and used it to export all my contacts from my SIM as a .csv file. I then imported this file into Palm Desktop and then synchronised my Treo.

Hope this helps.
    Originally posted by lgoldylox
    Can't help ya get the SIM numbers onto the Treo, but I can help you with instant access, once they're on there. And perhaps you already know this. Although there are only 50 speed dials, there's a much faster way to get to anybody in the phone book.

Type the first three or four letters of the person's first name. Or last name. Or the first letter of the first name, and some letters in the last name.

Treo will filter through the phone book based on the criteria. This feature is one of the key reasons I use Treo. Usually it only takes two or three letters, and it's much faster than scrolling through the Speed Dials.

Typing "BRU" brings up a screen with Bruce Hartford, Marcy Bruntington, and Bobby Russell. Use the scroll keys to select one of the phone numbers, press the spacebar to dial.

Plus, you can do it without hauling out the stylus. And you can do it from any phone screen (there are exceptions, like if you're in the dialpad view, and all the letters you type happen to have numbers associated with them -- the numbers win over the letters in the dialpad view, because -- and this is cool too -- you can use either the onscreen keypad OR the keyboard to dial numbers in the dialpad view)
    Hi all

I just got my first PDA phone, the 180

is there any easy way to transfer the phone book list
    in the sim card to the pda phone book ?

So far the 180 seems very nice
    did not really hang except when i installed some unknown stuff to it
    and the caller id does not seem to show the number of incoming
    calls whose number is not in the pda phone book

Thanks in advance
    Lam
    Hey Lamxyz

Welcome

There is no easy way on the Treo itself to transfer all numbers from a SIM to the Treo contacts.

What I suggest is to use your old mobile ph. Most of these have PC based software to manage your contacts.

1. Export all of your numbers from your old phone/SIM as a .CSV file.

2. Next, import this file into your Palm desktop on your PC.

3. Hotsync your Treo with Palm desktop.

If you do not have the PC software for your old phone, check with your manufacturer or one of the untold sites who give away/sell software to manage phone contacts.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Hi nzmoko

Thanks

Lam
    How about the other way around? Can I get my Treo's phone book contacts onto my SIM card?
    -mbd26