Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Still too much of a fan of the PalmOS.

One gentleman here suggested I have an older PalmOS phone to maintain those applications, and have the newer phone for WiFi, etc.

It looks like the best PalmOS phone as far as "most recent" (meaning only 4 years old) was the Palm Centro.

Do people think the Palm Centro was a good phone? A good upgrade from the Treo 680?
    Was it EASY to migrate all your user data (contacts/calendar/tasks/memos) from the 680 to the Centro?

(*yes admittedly keeping myself a bit out of date, but maintaining the smooth functionality of PalmOS*)

Have a Treo 680, LOVE IT, but the keys are so over-used its starting to glitch after so many years of use.

Any / all suggestions and thoughts much appreciated.
    I had a 700p then 755p then Centro. The 755 and Centro are about the same in performance and main difference is the size. I liked the bigger keyboard better.

The 680 is most similar to the 755, if you love it as is I recommend the 755 as the centro felt too small for me and I went back to the 755 after a while.
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Quote Originally Posted by neit_jnf View Post
    I had a 700p then 755p then Centro. The 755 and Centro are about the same in performance and main difference is the size. I liked the bigger keyboard better.

The 680 is most similar to the 755, if you love it as is I recommend the 755 as the centro felt too small for me and I went back to the 755 after a while.
    Also, the Centro, 755p use a different size memory cards than the 680.
    On another note, the 680 battery should work in the Centro IIRC, im not sure about the 755p

When it comes to Palm OS Treos, there isn't much difference across the board.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    All three use the same size battery.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thank you everybody.

R.e. the 755 - the idea that it has a larger keyboard is very interesting, especially considering how much I write on my PDA.

However, my understanding was that the 755 only came in CDMA.... is that correct?

I absolutely need GSM.

Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJotr View Post
    Thank you everybody.

R.e. the 755 - the idea that it has a larger keyboard is very interesting, especially considering how much I write on my PDA.

However, my understanding was that the 755 only came in CDMA.... is that correct?

I absolutely need GSM.

Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.
    Treo 755p - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    looks like it's only CDMA
    i'm pretty sure it has the same keyboard as the 680

the centro isn't bad, and like recent Palm phones, it has to be tried before judging.
    it's a decent KB.
    The centro came in everything btw
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    I liked the centro, but looking back I couldn't go back to PalmOS, couldn't go back to resistive screen, no GPS, no multitouch, etc
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I loved the size of the Centro but hated the smaller keyboard and screen. I used it only briefly. Try one out before purchase if you can.

Data transfer across the Palm OS devices is as easy as it gets. Use HotSync Manager to sync only the PIM apps to the new device; no other system files or DBs as some are different across devices. You can also manually transfer/overwrite the PIM DBs in the device RAM - use Resco Explorer or Filez on the device or PFB on the desktop.
    Make sure you get a later edition Centro if you decide to go with it. Earlier Centros had less internal memory.
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    All three use the same size battery.
    Nope. The 680 had a 1200 mah battery, the 755p had something massive like 1600ish and the Centro used the 1150 battery. To make things better, the 680 and Centro used different numbers of pins in different locations as well. Typical Palm logic...