1.    #1  
    Is this model (BT200) compatible w/the Treo 300? I asked the salesman at Fry's about their models and this was the only one he gave me.
    Treo 300 does not have built in blue tooth nor does it have an expansion slot to add one.
  3.    #3  
    so before i hop in my car and drive 30 miles to the nearest fry's, are you saying it won't be compatible? he said he has a model that's compatible w/a nokia 300/8000 series phone...
    Nokia makes 2 FreeSpeak versions for non-blue tooth phones and you want to get the one for Nokia phones. It has a 4 barrell 2.5mm connector. There will be a sticker on the front of the box that says "for Nokies phones".
  5.    #5  
    thank you kindly am going to hop on over to fry's in an hour...i would buy it from amazon but i'm one of those people who need instant gratification. which is the reason why i'm always broke...and terribly spoiled :P
  6.    #6  
    ok i got the FreeSpeak...

I got it to answer/end calls w/no problem. However, I'd like to know 3 things:

1. Why can't I make a call by dialing from the Treo and then hitting the phone button on the FreeSpeak?

2. How do I know my phone is ringing if I can't hear the ring (no audible notification) on the FreeSpeak?

3. Is there a program that will enable voice dialing on the Treo?
    Well I can answer 1 and 2 for you:

1. You need to activate the headset, create the active link with the adapter before making a call.

2. This current model does not ring in the headset when a call comes in and that kind of reverts back to my answer above. The headset is in standby until you physically activate the link so there is no way to hear the ring in the headset unless it is in active mode. Jabra plans to change this in future models.

Someone else will have to answer question 3 as I'm not with Sprint but I've read somewhere on the forum that there is a Sprint number you can dial to make voice dialed calls. The treo does not support voice dialing natively.
  8.    #8  
    even if my phone is in active mode, i do not hear the ringer in the FreeSpeak
    The FreeSpeak has to be active.
    I just went through a nightmare with the Freespeak. I had a BT200 and could never get past the very loud squeal in the headset. Then they told me I needed a 2 ring to 3 ring adapter for the headset jack. Same story. Got frustrated and sent it back. Are you saying you have a Freespeak without an adapter and it works ok?

Thanks in advance,
    Dan
    Originally posted by dfidan
    I just went through a nightmare with the Freespeak. I had a BT200 and could never get past the very loud squeal in the headset. Then they told me I needed a 2 ring to 3 ring adapter for the headset jack. Same story. Got frustrated and sent it back. Are you saying you have a Freespeak without an adapter and it works ok?

Thanks in advance,
    Dan
    Yes they really work if you have the right one!
    You didn't buy the right one. The one you bought was for non-nokia phones and you needed the Nokia version.
  12.    #12  
    Hmmm, I know I put the FreeSpeak into active mode because I can hear background noise (hiss) so I know it's active. I still can't sense/hear when I am receiving a call...

And the Sprint VoiceCommand feature is indeed a voice dialing one but I would still have to go to the phone and press the * button. If the Treo were only like the other Sprint phones which already have voice dial built in...so that when you hit the talk button, the phone automatically prompts you for the name of the person and dials afterward...

Sigh.
    Originally posted by missbliss
    even if my phone is in active mode, i do not hear the ringer in the FreeSpeak
    If you think about it, you don't hear the ringer thru the earpiece that's provided w/ the Treo or any other headsets. Best I can suggest is pump the ringer's volume to high and use the most annoying tone you can.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org