1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    Is it ok to just leave the treo in its cradle (charging) all day and all night if I'm not leaving the office? Any damage to the battery?
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    Good question -- I don't know the "official" answer. The manual says somewhere that topping off the battery is a good thing. However, it says nothing about all-night charging. My experience is that occassional all-night charging hasn't caused any problems. But I must stress that most of the time I take it off the cradle when I see that it is fully charged.
    FWIW,

My regular practice is to charge it overnight, every night. When I go to bed, I plug it directly into the charger near my bed. I've been using it since I purchased it in mid-November this way.

So far so good.

PS
    I am typing this on a passenger train on my way home from NYC to Northern New Jersey using my laptop and my Treo as a modem with SGruby's wirelessmodem. It works quite well... :-) Just had to let my excitement out!
    Working smoke detectors save lives.
    You can leave the Treo in the charger indefinetly....it only accepts a charge and current flow when the battery is not fully charged.
    Originally posted by george_vc
    You can leave the Treo in the charger indefinetly....it only accepts a charge and current flow when the battery is not fully charged.
    this is also the info i had from prior discussions on this board - the treo has built-in protection against overcharging.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.