Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I installed the latest Verichat (1.04) and it seems to be working very will for MSN IM but I am experiencing a problem with AOL IM: I see my buddies but they never come online for me to chat. I actually had my wife sign on her computer right in front of me and it truly did not show her as "Online".

Thanks.
    I have the same problem with some of my buddies at AIM and this is the response I got from PDAApps support:

I just installed verichat without a glitch however I'm experiencing something odd!
    When I sign on via my Treo 270 it will boot me off AIM on my pc (which is normal) and it lists all of my buddies as being "offline" but when I look at my wife's AIM on her pc it does not show me as being online nor does it show me on my treo as her being online!
    If I try to send her an instant message anyway, I get a pop up telling me that she is not online and would not receive the message until she signs on, but she is online!

AIM sometimes has sync problems between different protocols it uses for IM. This is probably what you saw.
    We are aware of this issue and working towards resolving it. Try another profile, that might work.

-PDAapps Team
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    So, you are suggesting I should set-up an new profile for myself or try another buddy (all four of my buddies will not appear "Online").

Thanks.
    I used a different profile and it worked fine. The problem seems to be with certain profiles, I don't know why? The AIM profile I use most which is actually my AOL profile does not work at all with Verichat, so a created an AIM profile that works fine very weird!
    If I put my AIM/AOL profile in my buddy list, verichat shows me as being off line even when I am on line!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    It worked, but it will be confusing to my buddies. I may call AOL and see if they can suggest a modification that will make it work. If successful, I will report back.
    I just bought VeriChat for one full year and am really annoyed that it has this problem with AIM. I didn't have this problem in the free trial of course...

I don't want to change my screen name, so I guess I'm stuck?!
    Here is something that fixed this issue on my computer.

Logged on through Windows, changed the privacy preferences to "allow all users to contact me", and then logged on through VeriChat.

Looked like this caused a sync between the desktop and VeriChat for me, maybe it will for you too.
    Originally posted by pete123
    Here is something that fixed this issue on my computer.

Logged on through Windows, changed the privacy preferences to "allow all users to contact me", and then logged on through VeriChat.

Looked like this caused a sync between the desktop and VeriChat for me, maybe it will for you too.
    This works for me - thanks a LOT! Come to think of it, I did start blocking AIM users in Trillian by turning off 'allow all users to contact me'. Once I enabled this it works.

Thanks again!