1.    #1  
    just got my 270 two weeks ago. on a recent trip where somewhere had a new palm with hi res, i realized just how bad the screen resolution was. i could barely make out anything while standing outside. the second thing i realize is that after 2 weeks, i have almost no more memory on my 270. i put in docs to go (and some word docs and pictures), and 3 color games and i have less than 5000k left. the problem here is that the units are not expandable. i wonder now whether i made a mistake by not waiting until the next generation treo arrived. i imagine it will be expandable and have hi-res/64k colors. has this bothered anyone else...

alan
    Alan,

It's bothered you and just about every other Treo owner out there. (Lots of complaints out here.) Early-adopters always pay the price. The next gen should remedy many of the complaints on this forum. But we'll always find something to complain about. I'm sure the next gen won't fit your definition of perfect either...
    Originally posted by novfilms
    just got my 270 two weeks ago.
    the second thing i realize is that after 2 weeks, i have almost no more memory on my 270. i put in docs to go (and some word docs and pictures), and 3 color games and i have less than 5000k left. ...

alan
    What a sec here! You only started out with 16M minus all the standard apps... and you've got 4 to 5 MB left! you are 75% full ... that's not bad.

P.S. I'll bet the word docs and pictures are big space hogs... I used to carry around a bunch of pictures on my Visors until I realized that it was more enjoyable and useful to use that space for other things (e-books, mindless games, etc.)
    Alan, if the pics are important for you to have, post them (small) on a website, and access them that way. At least you won't be hogging any of that precious 16 MB with pictures, and you can easily pull them up in Blazer, Xiino, etc., to show them off.
  5.    #5  
    thanks everyone. aside from the memory issue is the low resolution. the hi resolution palm really was amazing even in the open sunlight. i was knocked out. on this current trip for work, i had t mobile as a phone service (a mistake) for my 270 and so had brought my kyocera smartphone on verizon (the 6039 model). t mobile is fine in the city but once you're out in the boonies...completely useless. my old phone though b/w was way more readable. but that new color palm was a knockout.

i love the keyboard, i love how user friendly the 270 is for the most part, but i think i'm going to keep my verizon service for when i'm traveling and get the new kyocera 7135 with 64k hi-res colors. it's also upgradable in memory.

alan
    Originally posted by novfilms
    just got my 270 two weeks ago. on a recent trip where somewhere had a new palm with hi res, i realized just how bad the screen resolution was. i could barely make out anything while standing outside.
    I live in a tropical country and using Treo outdoors is quite impossible!
    On the other hand, I travelled to Europe few weeks ago, and was surprized to see how good I could read my screen outside under the grey skies of London and Paris!

Treo must have been conceived and developed in a rainy area...
    The resolution of the screen doesn't dictate how it performs in bright light. Transflexive screens use the light from outside in addition to the backlight. Standard screens (like the Treo) have to have more light eminating from behind the screen than coming in from the front to show an image. The resolution isn't part of it. Shine a light at a movie screen and you will see the same effect.