1.    #1  
    My coworkers and I have purchased Treo 300s in the last few weeks. The Treos replaced three separate gadgets hooked to our belts, purses, etc.: cell phones, palm pilots and Skytel pagers.

We have found that the Treo is a great replacement for our cell phones and PDAs, but the paging capability of the Treo is not as strong as the Skytel pagers they replaced.

Ideally, we'd like the ability to "reply" directly to a text page. Most Treo SMS pages come in as "No Caller ID" that are impossible or at best, awkward to respond to.

Incoming pages would be received automatically without the requirement to remember to fetch or pull messages on a regular basis.

Is there any app or combination of apps available for the Treo that best emulates a true two-way text paging capability?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Rick
    Have you checked out Treo300SMS? It is a program designed specifically for the Treo300 and it is a two-way text messaging program.

Check it out at: www.pdaapps.com

They also have several other very useful programs for Treos.
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I should have mentioned that. We have installed Treo300SMS. As far as I can tell, that enables the outgoing SMS...but it doesn't allow you to "reply" directly to an incoming SMS message.
    Originally posted by MelvinClarp
    Yes, I should have mentioned that. We have installed Treo300SMS. As far as I can tell, that enables the outgoing SMS...but it doesn't allow you to "reply" directly to an incoming SMS message.
    It does, if the pages are sent as SMS. It doesn't if the messages are sent using phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com.

Sprint strips out the caller id information when it is sent through the email to sms gateway, and so it doesn't have the required information.
    Sure it does. There should be a reply box at the bottom of the screen unless I am misinterpreting your requirements.
  6.    #6  
    You're right!!!!! We had been using the phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com addresses.
    I just tried plain SMS and the "Reply" and "Call" buttons appeared on the Treo300SMS screen.
    Thanks!!
    Rick
    No problem. I know how it goes sometimes.
    anyone know if there's a solution to this when sending/receiving SMS's to user's on other networks?
    Originally posted by I Know Nothing
    anyone know if there's a solution to this when sending/receiving SMS's to user's on other networks?
    Treo300SMS works for sending/receiving SMS messages from other networks.
    my husband has a pocket PC with TMobile and we SMS eachother all the time. It dispalys as him with reply button. though I suspect my treo knows cause his mobile number is in myaddress book.