1.    #1  
    Wanted to hear opinions on what is the best quality headset compatible with the Treos.

Quality of sound, mute/volume controls, looks (that's always important!).
    jabra freespeak works real good with the treo. pricey but wireless and cool look

fred
    Originally posted by berrod
    Wanted to hear opinions on what is the best quality headset compatible with the Treos.

Quality of sound, mute/volume controls, looks (that's always important!).
    search the message boards. there are tons of discussions about headsets.

i now use a plantronics m143-n1. tried a golden lantern, jabra boom mic, and a few others..none worked very well.
    fkPalm, which Jabraspeak is for the Treo? if I am getting it from their website, exactly which model should I get?

thanks
    must get the freespeak for nokia phones models 3300 or 8800 series phones they work with the treo

fred
    Do they give us the Bluetooth kit to use TREO with other Bluetooth dispositivies too ?
    This doesn't answer the original question but may help anyway. I've been using the Jabra "Earbud". Although I do love the molded ear gels which are extremely comfortable. I had numerous probems with them. I'm on my 4th set in six weeks. Now I will say that the biggest problem stems from my carelessness in making sure I don't catch the wire on anything. I'm constantly getting the ear plug pulled off because the wire catches on a drawer or something. The first problem that occurred was a major problem. A portion of the plug broke off and got stuck in the hole. This made the Treo inoperable since I couldn't hear anything. Sprint replaced the Treo. I bought 2 more of the Jabra headsets. One didn't work right out of the box and the other began to have intermittant hearing problems. I had to hold the plug and force it to one side to finish a call. The last one I have is now starting to have problems. Now as I said before these problems are occurring after I get the wire caught and yanked on. In all cases though I end up using the original ear piece that Handspring provided. The Jabra plugs dont seemed to be as hardy. I' going to try that Gold Lantern with the retractable wirean see if that helps. I hope that these ear gel thingys fit since I have plenty of them.
    I wouldn't go with Gold Lantern. It's good for just over a month, then it craps out......
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Very happy with my Plantronics 645. It has all the features I want. The quality will never be as good as my flip phone because the mic on the flip phone is right in front of my mouth, but it's a decent alternative.

Tom
    Treo Blast!