1.    #1  
    I got addicted to the Boggle dice game over the Holiday Season. This is the word game invovling 12 dice in a clear, plastic bubble case with letters on them. You bounce the case, the letters fall into 12 slots, and you make words from the letters you see, moving up, down or diagonally to form words.

I thought I'd grab a Boggle-type program for my Treo 300 so searched the PDA software sites and the Internet in general. Here are my lackluster findings:

JOGGLE from JSmart.com: This one uses the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) that you have to download as well. It is super slow! Registering stylus clicks on the letters is WAY BEHIND the actual clicks. At the end of a game, it checks your found words with its dictionary and that takes about seven or eight years to perform! OK, I'm kidding....but many many seconds. Also the program is fairly buggy on the Treo. Words greater than four letters may or may not register. The sound doesn't work. The dictionary, from which the words you find are checked, is very small so many words are found to be correct. Cost: $3.95.

WORDLET from oopdreams.com: It seems like a good one. But I can't get it to work. Your not supposed to be able to click letters that are not adjacent, but this software allows that. Also words cannot be registered. That is, I can click the letters to make a word on the entry line, but cannot make the program then recogize the word to check its dictionary. I've emailed the producer but no reply so far. Cost: $15.00

WORDBOX from twinfeats.com: Well, it's a 5x5 box rather than a 4x4 box, and there are other variations from Boggle. There are three dictionaries to choose from, up to a large 130,000 one. But also buggy on the Treo. Couldn't get the words I choose to register. Deleted it from the Treo. Cost: freeware.

BOGME: This one needs AppForge so forget it... Cost: freeware.

There are many many other word games for the Palm OS but the above were the only ones I could find that resemble Boggle.

So, long story made short, does anyone out there know of another Boggle-type program that I can try? The above are basically unacceptable for daily use or don't work at all. Has anyone had better luck with the above?

Thanks in advance.

-pseudomass
  2.    #2  
    4x4 = 16.....

16 dice. 16 slots....

Not 12.....
    This isn't going to help you in any way related to your inquiry, but if you like word games in general, I strongly suggest Text Twist! from Astraware. I think it's a great game, and my almost-ruined screen on my 270 attests to that!
  4.    #4  
    OK, the producer of Wordlet emailed a reply to my question on how does it work. My bad! It just seems that I wasn't smart enough to work the interface. My problem was, after clicking out a word, letter by letter, I did not know how to "enter" the word into the game. Now I know. There is a button called 'try' that does this.

I've now played a few games and can now award this the best Boggle-like game for the Palm OS that I have found. Thank you, Frank Fejes of oopsdream.com!

And thanks, Fleischner, for the tip. I really like Asterwerks games and will give it a try.

-pseudomass
    Thanks, I love word games.

I still get hammered by Niggle's computer opponents when playing them set as Medium, and often even when they're Easy.

BTW, Niggle is the precursor to Handmark's Scrabble.
    Only in a Jeep.
    If you like Boggle, you might want to try our game, Spellbound. You can read more about it and download a trial from our website.

NJ Software
    http://www.nj-software.com
    Originally posted by pseudomass
    I've now played a few games and can now award this the best Boggle-like game for the Palm OS that I have found. Thank you, Frank Fejes of oopsdream.com!

And thanks, Fleischner, for the tip. I really like Asterwerks games and will give it a try.
    Yeah, Frank is a great guy. I've been playing his Bubblet game forever and he's been really good with communication and addressing needs/concerns. And he keeps an online Bubblet High Score page too. If you look, you'll see I've played, um, sixty-seven thousand games of Bubblet so far. Compulsive? Oh yes.
    I know this is a VERY late reply, but get WordWiggle for the palm.. just like Boggle, only harder since you can get penalized for putting in a bad word.