Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I currently use my Treo on the t-mobile network. AT&T wireless just came into my area and I'm thinking of switching over due to t-mobiles lousy coverage. Both t-mobile and AT&T use 1900GSM.

Will I be able to just put my AT&T SIM card into the Treo and use it? Have any of you done this?

Thanks!
    Last edited by preeble; 01/14/2003 at 11:26 AM.
    Yes, you should be able to do this. This is the advantage of GSM phones. I would try with a friends SIM card first just to make sure that your Treo is unlocked. The majority of them are, especially if bought it direct rom Handspring.
    I'm using my Treo on AT&T in New York. Works. But GPRS coverage isn't very good. GSM is new for AT&T. Many spots don't have GPRS coverage. Some spots have coverage one second, no coverage next second. The signal itself isn't reliable either. In my office, I often get no signals, once this lasted more than a day.
    While in the Bay Area over the xmas holiday, I borrowed a friend's AT&T GSM SIM card and popped it into my Treo.

It worked great (including GPRS data access). AT&T seemed to have better coverage in that area than Cingular. (San Jose)