1.    #1  
    I have to sell my Treo 300 which i love cause i am moving to Colorado from New York and the sprint service there isnt very good. So if anyone is interested in buying this phone for $300.00 you can email me at NYJOHN28@AOL.COM Sprint is still selling the phone for $499.00 with a $50 rebate and my phone is only 1 month old.

This comes with..........
    One Treo 300 communicator
    Metal stylus
    USB HotSyncŪ cable
    Charging cable (100-240V)
    Hands-free headset
    CD-ROM including desktop synchronization software and user guide
    Vehicle Power Adapter
    This is a good deal for someone with existing Sprint service; however, I picked up my Treo 300 from the local Sprint store for $299 with all the extras you listed.

BTW...how do you know their service is poor in Colorado. I was told the same thing for my area (southwest Chicago suburbs) but have found the coverage to be quite good.
    I think CO in the front range area and Denver is good. In the mountains, not good. Not sure about the ski areas.
  4.    #4  
    My sister already lives in colorado and she had to get rid of her sprint service cause of lacking signal strength and dropped calls. And i am moving to the same town, so before i move i must sell this phone.
    Originally posted by nyjohn28
    My sister already lives in colorado and she had to get rid of her sprint service cause of lacking signal strength and dropped calls. And i am moving to the same town, so before i move i must sell this phone.
    Why not sell it after you get there? You can test it out and it won't cost you a dime.
    I have friends with Sprint phones that do not get the reception I get with the Treo 300. I live on the edge of Sprint service, in fact Amazon wouldn't sell me a treo because I was officially "out of the service area".

For some reason, I have better coverage than three other people I know that have Sprint phones (but not the Treo). Perhaps my phone is newer, but it seems to grab the signal better than their phones. I love my Treo and the coverage is better than my non Sprint digital phone.

I agree with the previous poster. Take it to Colorado and try it out.

Cluemeister
  7. lrk
    I agree--try it out first. Coverage is a weird thing. I moved to Seattle with my Sprint Treo. I live in the same house with somebody with an older Sprint phone. He has no problems with signal or dropprd calls while my Treo acts just like the "bad" phones on the Sprint TV ads--dropped/garbled connections all the time.
    I live in Denver and have almost no problems with the Sprint coverage here. I use the phone on the slopes all the time. Beaver Creek last week, Vail the week before and Keystone in between. Those resorts all had 3-4 bars on the top of the mountian but sometimes no coverage in the valleys.

I just switched from AT&T and have noticed no difference in coverage areas. Good luck.
    Thunder, how did you buy your treo 300 for $299 at your local sprint store? I'm looking to buy one but the last time I checked the sprint store, it was $499 with a $50 rebate. Did you buy it recently?
    Best Buy is offering a $150 rebate in addition to the Sprint rebate right now. That's how the price could get to $299. Of course this didn't come out until after XMAS!
    Originally posted by CAMillion
    Thunder, how did you buy your treo 300 for $299 at your local sprint store? I'm looking to buy one but the last time I checked the sprint store, it was $499 with a $50 rebate. Did you buy it recently?
    You should check this thread.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=31120
    Treon,

THANKS SSSSOOOOO much for recommending that link!!!! I did exactly what those guys said they did and I got MY treo today for $167.12 brand spanking new from the local Sprint store in Washington, DC. (18th and M Street). They honored the Amazon rebate which dropped the phone down to $350, then they gave me the Sprint rebate of $50 which brought the phone down to $300. I then called Sprint Customer Care and asked for credit towards a new phone and they told me based on my credit and length of time with them I qualified for a $150 credit toward the purchase of a new phone-plus they gave me two months free service (I did have to sign up for a year-but that was cool b/c I was on month to month anyway)-the $85 2000 minutes, unlimited vision plan. (I don't need that many minutes so after my two months, I'll drop down to the $50 plan. So, my end price was $167.12 out the door-I AM PSYCHED!!!

Thanks for all of your help!!!
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    what did you do to get the 150 credit.

you called retention, said you were off plan, looking for a new phone and could they give you a credit to buy it?

that simple, or more to it?

thanks
    Actually, I had threatened leaving about a week prior because I was trying to gain leverage for my renewal (which I Knew I was going to do because I wanted the Treo) contract. Anyway, when I told he customer rep I was thinking of canceling (I was already on month to month because my contract was up in October) she transferred me to the retention department and I told them that I was dissatisfied with my service (dropped calls, phone damaged, etc.). They said I was a great customer with an excellent credit rating and that I'd been with them since '99 so what could they do to keep me. I asked for some money towards a new phone and a few months of complementary service. They started at $120 towards a new phone-I said that wasn't enough, they ended up raising it to $150, which they swear is the absolutely most they can give. That's all there was to it....Good luck!