1.    #1  
    Ok another question about my new treo- I haven't learned how to do everything yet, and have not fully explored the business connection software that comes with it. Can anybody fill me in as to how this works? I use my computer at work and we have our own server and network. So my calender is actually on the server, not my PC hard drive. I can use our microspft exchange server to view my calender and e-mails from home on that pc, but that won't work on blazer because it requires java. I suspect the business software won't work with our server/network here... Any ideas?

Thanks
    Marcy
    I have reached the point where I enjoy reading these. Each post like this makes me want to come back to check to see if there are follow-up responses

anyone want to make comments???

the best part is where she uses "microspft exchange server to view my calender and e-mails from home on that pc"

I didnt know microsoft released a exchange server for home pc's that allowed for calender viewing
  3.    #3  
    Hey Quake- Sorry if I pushed someone's buttons I wasn't aware of- I assume you are making fun of more than my typo.....

If the answer to my question has been discussed too much on these boards already, fine just tell me that. I'm no IT expert, but I assumed my question would be treated with respect.....
    all answers to these questions are posted 5 times over, the other problem is that you and others have no clue about what your asking, ex, you dont use exchange sever to view email and ridiculous wording like that makes it alomst impossible to respond
    Originally posted by marcyf
    Ok another question about my new treo- I haven't learned how to do everything yet, and have not fully explored the business connection software that comes with it. Can anybody fill me in as to how this works? I use my computer at work and we have our own server and network. So my calender is actually on the server, not my PC hard drive. I can use our microspft exchange server to view my calender and e-mails from home on that pc, but that won't work on blazer because it requires java. I suspect the business software won't work with our server/network here... Any ideas?

Thanks
    Marcy
    In my opinion, the best solution for you is to use OWA for Exhange and use this $100 utility. You then have access to your e-mail, calendar, phone book, public folders, etc. from a PDA and everything remains in a common message store without doing a hotsync.

BTW, this has been covered a "1,000" times on this board.
  6.    #6  
    Geez, I didn't use the right wording. Sorry, but I would assume you understand what I mean- I can access the web from home and see my e-mail and calender. You didn't have to get nasty.

I used to check out the discussion forums on visorcentral quite abit and found them useful and friendly. If these discussion forums are not for the average person to share information and ask questions, then I guess I better find another website!

Marcy
    I agree - quake8 needs to relax. Post whatever you want - yes, searches can help, but <most> folks here don't have any issues with posts from new folks that might or might have been covered before. Bring it on, I say.

(how about the movie from which that subject line was taken? Anyone?)
    One of the things that I have appreciated about these forums is that they tend to be very helpful (and usually civil). I hope we don't start digressing into a "bash the newbies" type of forum.

[ Please note: message was posted by a newbie ]

- Jason.
    there is nothing wrong with being a n00b. I got my treo recently but spent a couple hours reading this entire forum and wirelessadvisor.

I had a few questions and asked them with the knowlege everyone else here has / should have.

when people spend 0 time and no effort they should not bother
    I remember being new. Really new. By being new, I also did not know to search the past posts in order to find what I was looking for. (Oh yeah, sorry for ending the last sentence in a prepostion.) Everyone seemed to understand though, and were very helpful with just about every stupid and mundane question that I asked. To those I say thank you.

Using the search function is not common knowledge as far as I am concerned. If it bothers some of you that much, email the moderator about posting a sticky to inform all newbies about using the search function.

On another note.....how hard is it to type "use the search" and hit the "submit" button?

Everybody take a DEEP breath with me......ready?

In with the good..............
    Out with the bad..............

There, that's better
    theres a difference between being new and being stupid.

when I was new I searched and read up to be up to date. I didnt ask where the start button was or why my ringer isnt on
    Too bad we all can't be as smart at you....but hey, we're trying

I think I can

I think I can

I think I can
    I know you can't

I know you can't

I know you can't
    Originally posted by quake8
    theres a difference between being new and being stupid.

when I was new I searched and read up to be up to date. I didnt ask where the start button was or why my ringer isnt on
    You know Quake ... I really am sorry you have such a tiny weiner, because I can find no other reason for such rude, and generally obnoxious behviour. Go see a urologist ... they might might be able to make it long enough to keep you from pissing on yourself.

These things need twit filters, so we can remove comments made by the uncommentable.
    Last edited by Gary G. Little; 01/14/2003 at 12:38 AM.