1.    #1  
    When I try to synchronize my new Treo 300 with my desktop Macintosh, the Treo never gets past "Connecting with the desktop using Direct USB/Serial" - it just hangs there. Even Cancel doesn't work. I've tried both MacOS 9.2.2 and 10.2.3. I've noticed that the Treo doesn't show up in Apple System Profiler unless it's in the hung mode. I'm using the default cable that came with it. I've also seen the same on an iBook. Any ideas?
    I have been using Mac OX X (10.2) with too much trouble...I do believe you need to use the Handspring version of the Palm Desktop however..

(http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...sType=RESEARCH)

I believe when I used the Palm version I too had some problems...but this one is working fine for me now.

Mike O'B
    Originally posted by MikeOB
    I have been using Mac OX X (10.2) with too much trouble...I do believe you need to use the Handspring version of the Palm Desktop however..

(http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...sType=RESEARCH)

I believe when I used the Palm version I too had some problems...but this one is working fine for me now.

Mike O'B
    Just to chime in - the above is the correct advice and made the difference for me in using OS 9.2.2 - with HandSpring's version everything goes beautifully - syncing is perfect.

Regards,
    NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    I had this same problem with OS 10.1.2 In the end Handspring had me log into my computer as the root user, erase all of the palm desktop files, log back in at the admin level and then reinstall the handspring desktop 4. This fixed the problem. I have been hesitant to upgrade to 10.2 because at the time they said they had bigger problems with it
    I'm actually using 10.2.3 with no problems...but I too did need to remove all vestiges of older "non-Handspring" Palm files.

I believe I just did a search of "PALM" and moved everything to the TRASH...re-booted and then emptied the TRASH and then installed the new Handspring/Palm software. I guess it couldn’t hurt to back up the old files...but I personally didn’t need them..

MikeO’B
  6.    #6  
    I am seeing some things constantly being backed up ...

Thanks,
    Peter