1.    #1  
    Hi everyone. Just got my 270 about a week ago using T-Mobile here in NY. I have normal Caller ID but. Is there any software that i can use so that if an incoming number matches a number in my phonebook, the name in the phonebook will show up? Thanks!
    Unless I misunderstood your post, that feature is built-in.

Michael
    It shows up automatically on my Treo 300.

There was nothing special I had to do to set it up - it started working this way from the moment I got it.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    I have a 270 on AT&T and if the name is in my phonebook it shows the name, if not, a number.
  5.    #5  
    Doesn't happen with mine unfortunately but now I know it is supposed to. I guess I need to reinstall something or the other. Thanks all!
    you might want to check the way you enter the phone number in your phonebook. sometimes by missing the area code can result in not showing the caller ID. just make sure that the number shown in callerID matches exactly to the phonebook.
    Originally posted by ianbee
    Doesn't happen with mine unfortunately but now I know it is supposed to. I guess I need to reinstall something or the other. Thanks all!
    You shouldn't need to re-install anything as this feature is built into the phone app. The one possibility is that you have some other app or hack which is interfering with the call ID display.

Try a WARM reset, and see if it works.

Michael
    Originally posted by ianbee
    The feature is built in but... make sure you have a name (or any character) in the Last Name field in your contacts (phonebook). If you don't have something in this field, only the number will show and not the name of the caller.

Hope this helps.
    Originally posted by nzmoko

The feature is built in but... make sure you have a name (or any character) in the Last Name field in your contacts (phonebook). If you don't have something in this field, only the number will show and not the name of the caller.

Hope this helps.
    Not True... I have contacts where the only text is in the 'company' field, and this shows up in the call id.

Michael
    Originally posted by mfacelle

Not True... I have contacts where the only text is in the 'company' field, and this shows up in the call id.

Michael
    Hi Mike

As I am mid-way into my Treo to Brain transplant (no volunteers so I am the Lab Rat) I got on a completely different wavelength.

I believe my 'solution' applies to SMS's not being tagged with the contact...

Apologies
    Is everyone talking at cross-purposes here? Was the original question not attempting to ask whether the Treo would optionally switch to the details screen of the Contacts App when a caller was identified thus enabling an immediate check on attached notes, call history etc etc.

Any old mobile phone shows the name if its in the phonebook but being able to get an immediate call history to hand for that caller would be excellent.
    If I am not mistaken, Treo does not check SIM contact entries.

Thus when moving from a diffrent cell phone, all your "known" numbers are not recognized by Treo.

Actually, I wish Treo would allow better SIM handling, as when ever you move the SIM, you have no list of last calls, nor can you ask certain contact entries be copied to SIM.