1.    #1  
    Hi,

I was wondering if there is a possibility to charge the Treo with standard batteries through any kind of USB interface.

After being several times in the grotesque situation to power up my clunky laptop during a flight just to charge my Treo, I thought there must be a more elegant and light solution.

Isn't it possible to connect the Treo USB cable to a set of standard batteries and source it some power, or are there technical obstacles (or other truely mobile solutions) to help?

Thanks,

Marcus
    There are several solutions now available and you can buy them all at Seido.com - and no I don't work for them, just a satisfied customer.

I currently carry (in my purse) a AA battery unit that will recharge the Treo several times with 4 AA batteries, and the power kit that changes from a car charge to a 9Volt to an airline adapter. Wouldn't go anywhere without them.
  3.    #3  
    Alli,

thanks for this one. Ordered it right away -- it is exactly what will be needed when I get this job sitting on a mountain, just thinking and playing Bebop on my Treo...

Only thing to mention is, that this stuff is sold by Seidio (sic!) -- Seido goes to the "World Seido Karate Organization" ;-).

Have a great one,

Marcus
    I also make a charger. See them at visorsolutions.com.
    Originally posted by gadgetguru
    I also make a charger. See them at visorsolutions.com.
    Ummmm....don't see one for the Treo....
    I know. I need to add it to the site.
    I have now added the TreoBattPlug and the AAATreoBattPlug.
    (No wonder I haven't had any orders for those!!!) DOH!!!