1.    #1  
    My Treo300 happily ran DA for months until recently (maybe when upgrading to 1.42?) all business searches -- any business anywhere -- stopped working while residential lookups still work fine.

error after 30 secs:
    "Unexpected problem with the results response!"

I tried reinstalling the 5 PQA libs out of superstition (if residential works the libs s/b OK). Wanted to first delete INET Library per other posts but it's locked in and I wasn't feeling up to a hard reset. Predictably the PQA lib reinstalls made no difference. Checked and reset proxy IP to default, also made no diff.

Has anyone else seen this? I love this app, or used to ... now I half-love it.

Tried emailing rlwhitt, got no response.

TIA,
    -- D
    Check your email. "No repsonse" here seems to indicate a long period has elapsed when in fact it's been all of 2 days.

Originally posted by zebulon22
    My Treo300 happily ran DA for months until recently (maybe when upgrading to 1.42?) all business searches -- any business anywhere -- stopped working while residential lookups still work fine.

error after 30 secs:

I tried reinstalling the 5 PQA libs out of superstition (if residential works the libs s/b OK). Wanted to first delete INET Library per other posts but it's locked in and I wasn't feeling up to a hard reset. Predictably the PQA lib reinstalls made no difference. Checked and reset proxy IP to default, also made no diff.

TIA,
    -- D
  3.    #3  
    Sorry, another software product is raising the bar for timely support (SnapperMail) and my expectations were a bit high.

Thx for email reply, hopefully we'll sort it out. I'll report the outcome back here.
    D
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I have also been experiencing this problem lately. Please post any solutions here. Thanks!
  5.    #5  
    OK, here's a wierd development. It's working again after installing 1.31 from palmgear site. Looked like 1.42 was the problem but when I reinstalled 1.42 and expected it to fail, and it didn't.

Maybe something about the 1.31 install got the 1.42 install (ten minutes later) working again? Or maybe I just needed to reinstall 1.42, which somehow got corrupted.

procure -- if you have the time, please let us know if a reinstall fixes it ... if you want to repeat my steps, 1.31 is on palmgear and 1.42 is on Rick's site: http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/da.zip

Or maybe it's the 555-1212 server? But Rick emailed that his tests showed the server was working for both business & residential ...

{scratching head}
    -- D
    Nothing about installing 1.31 should have any effect on a later install. I'd say your installation just became corrupt somehow and I'd guess deleting and re-installing 1.42 would have the same effect. At any rate, I'm glad it works, since I had no further ideas on what it could be!

OK, here's a wierd development. It's working again after installing 1.31 from palmgear site. Looked like 1.42 was the problem but when I reinstalled 1.42 and expected it to fail, and it didn't.

Maybe something about the 1.31 install got the 1.42 install (ten minutes later) working again? Or maybe I just needed to reinstall 1.42, which somehow got corrupted.

procure -- if you have the time, please let us know if a reinstall fixes it ... if you want to repeat my steps, 1.31 is on palmgear and 1.42 is on Rick's site: http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/da.zip

Or maybe it's the 555-1212 server? But Rick emailed that his tests showed the server was working for both business & residential ...

{scratching head}
    -- D
    Did you ever find out why the directory assistance searches on 555-1212 are taking so much longer than they used to?
    Nope, the server seems slower even when you run the queries from a PC browser. Perhaps they have downsized their web hosting environment or are not keeping up with increased traffic.

Originally posted by bhodgins
    Did you ever find out why the directory assistance searches on 555-1212 are taking so much longer than they used to?

error after 30 secs:

TIA,
    -- D
    I am having the same problem as reported above.

I am running DA 1.43 and Webclippings (not sure of the version and how do I tell?)

It's only with the business searches that I get the errors:

"No results were found"

then

"Unexpected results with the results response"

I tried deleting then reinstalling DA and it worked for a few business searches then same problem again.

I also did the resetting the wireless proxy to default but it didn't help.

DA is a nice app if I can get it to work reliably. Any help appreciated.
    Bump

Anyone else have problems with DA or is it just me.
  11.    #11  
    After giving up due to intermittent problems, I deinstalled DA. But I miss it, when it works there's no other app that both searches on people or businesses *AND* integrates to driving directions.

So I reinstalled ver 1.43 from home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm and all is good once again.

At the moment ........
    - D
    and still working (Ver. 1.42). One of my favorite apps.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Please post a link to DA V1.42 and the version and link of webclipping you are using if available I hope it will work. for me.
  14.    #14  
    newtreouser -- latest ver (1.43) is on developer's page:

Directory Assistant details:
    http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da

Directory Assistant download:
    http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/dadl.html

Web Clipping page, from DA description on Palmgear:
    http://www.golddave.com/palm/howto/u..._palm_vii.html

ChemEngr -- I like DA also, but not when it causes fatal errors & soft resets on my Treo300!! It doesn't install/configure intuitively, is sensitive to install sequence of webclip libs vs DA itself, and often hangs after soft or hard reset, requiring another trial+error reinstall, proxy IP default reset, etc etc. If DA would just perform reliably and remain stable on the Treo300, it would be my #2 (after SnapperMail) app.
    newtreouser -- latest ver (1.43) is on developer's page:

Directory Assistant details:
    http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da

Directory Assistant download:
    http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/dadl.html

Thanks for the links zebulon22. I already have DA ver 1.43 and that is the version with all the problems mentioned. I am looking for ver 1.42 that ChemEngr is having no problems with. Are you probelm free now with DA and what is the secret to a successful install?
    Looks like some of the links provided above for DA ver 1.42 is actually ver 1.43

I deleted and reinstalled DA 1.43 and webclippings and DA is working again. Hope it doesn't crap out again. It's such a useful utility.

Something weird with DA that I just discovered. Let's say I enter a business search for:

Sprint in Orange CT

It finds 12 results. All of them identical!

then I searched for Sears in Orange CT and it returns 2 results for Wallgreen Drug Stores! Now granted Sears moved from Orange to Milford a few years ago but why did it return Walgreens Drug Stores?

Anyone else experience this?
    both searches. Got the same results. I don't think it's a problem with DA though.

Here's DA 1.42 for anyone interested.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Originally posted by ChemEngr
    both searches. Got the same results. I don't think it's a problem with DA though.

Here's DA 1.42 for anyone interested.
    I had reinstalled DA 1.43 and web clippings before you posted the link for 1.42.

1.43 worked fine until a few hours ago while doing a business search, I got a fatal exception error and had to do a soft reset. Subsequently, every time I launched DA I would get a fatal exception. I just deleted 1.43 and installed 1.42 from your link and I hope it will be more stable on my Treo 300.