1.    #1  
    Quick question. I have (finally) set up my Treo 300 so that I can now synch to my PC (at home) via network. Awesome feature. The only issue is that if I want the synch to go ahead flawlessly then I need to keep my e-mail client open, since it synchs with outlook and the e-mail file is password protected. Not ideal since I need my client closed because I need to access my e-mail via internet. If my client is open then this will download e-mails and I will not be able to see them remotely.

So, is there anyway that I can enter the e-mail password into my Treo so that it knows the password and can enter it ? Or, am I basically stuck ?

Any advice/help appreciated.

Many thanks,

Dave.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Originally posted by davetati
    Quick question. I have (finally) set up my Treo 300 so that I can now synch to my PC (at home) via network. Awesome feature. The only issue is that if I want the synch to go ahead flawlessly then I need to keep my e-mail client open, since it synchs with outlook and the e-mail file is password protected. Not ideal since I need my client closed because I need to access my e-mail via internet. If my client is open then this will download e-mails and I will not be able to see them remotely.

So, is there anyway that I can enter the e-mail password into my Treo so that it knows the password and can enter it ? Or, am I basically stuck ?

Any advice/help appreciated.

Many thanks,

Dave.
    I suppose if you really had to sync you could open up your e-mail client and tell it not to download your e-mail or leave a copy on the server. How often are you going to sync wirelessly?
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    I leave my Outlook email client open and access my email remotely using the Treo or sprints business connect web site. This way all '3' locations stay synced. I can read, respond etc my email from home, Treo or the web.

James
    You could try a remote desktop app like PalmVNC, and before you need to sync, go to outlook and sign in (remotely), then close it after the sync.