1.    #1  
    Is there a way to make sure your treo 90 (or any palm) stays quite when you want it to? I really liked the Treo phones' switch on the top, that when you entered a meeting or resuarant you could completly silence it. I would like to find a something, maybe a hack, that would give me a "silent" switch. That way I would have a little assurance that my 90 won't suddenly start playing the Imperial Death March to remind me about lunch yesterday, in the middle of a meeting with a prospective client.
    MTT
    Handspring Visor, Palm V, HS Treo 180, HS Treo 90, P1 Treo 600, P1 Treo 650, Palm Treo 700p... still hanging tough with Palm OS
    It may not be so convenient, but can't you just turn off the alarm sound in the general prefs menu?
  3.    #3  
    Sure, but the point is that as I walk in to the meeting, resturaunt or theater, I want to be able to pull it out and hit the silent button, and then when I leave, pull it out again , check my agenda, and re-enable the sound. Similar to what many people do with their cell phones.
    In fact, I think there should be an app that when you turn the PDA on using the power button, a little window would pop up on the top of the screen showing the time, the amount of battery left, any current and snoozed alarms, and a button to enable and disable sound. If you then tapped outside of that window or pushed any other button, it would dismiss the popup.
    MTT
    Handspring Visor, Palm V, HS Treo 180, HS Treo 90, P1 Treo 600, P1 Treo 650, Palm Treo 700p... still hanging tough with Palm OS